Deck Level

TggrDisney

We have been on 2, 5, 6, 7.

We like the upper decks aft because we walk directly up to the buffet and the drink station on deck 9 for that early morning coffee. It is so convenient to decks 9 and 10 where the pools are. We never have to wait for the elevators, just take the stairs. Deck 2 was nice, it was very quiet, but the elevators took forever to get you up to deck 9. Mid ship elevators are the worst! They are glass enclosed for the view of the atrium so people like to use them.

The upper decks move a lot more than the lower decks. The lower the deck, the calmer the movement of the ship. Especially if you are midship. That is the smoothest place to be. So it depends what you want. We like the conveniencce of the upper decks and to have a verandah.

mom x4,grandma x4

I just booked a CAT 10 on deck 7. I requested one on deck 7 due to the fact that we won't have to take elevators too much. We have small children and it will be a short walk up to the pool, drinks, and a short walk down to the Oceaneers Club.

I also like to look at what is above & below me. It's best to have cabins above & below. If I book a balcony cabin I like to pick the deck that is closest to the ocean.

It also depends on what you want to be close to. Last time we had 5122, we wanted to be convenient to the kid's club & the theater. Worked well for us on that trip.

Study the deck plans carefully. Pick what suits your needs best.

I have sailed on deck 6,4 and 8...I do not see any difference. We wind up using the stairs most of the time anyway..its not that much difference in my opinion where you stay..

I've been on decks 2, 5 & 7 - each has their disadvantages and advantages. On deck 2 there aren't any verandahs, but I love having the big window & being down close to the water. Deck 5 didn't thrill me one way or the other - keep in mind I'm traveling without kids. Deck 7 is what I get when I get a verandah, because it's sandwiched between 2 decks of cabins. There's no chance of being located above/below a nightclub, theater, or pool deck - so it's nice & quiet.

As for elevators - I generally use the stairs and don't care if I'm going from deck 2 up to 10. It helps burn off a few of the dinner calories!

Archived