Ship size on Royal

4774Papa

We have done 8 Celebrity cruises and are not Diamond on Royal, but have not done a cruise on Royal.

We don't like huge ships.

I checked out ship on the RC website and it doesn't mention the passenger capacity on the ships.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/home.do

Can someone tell me which of the ships are the mega-ships (over 3000 passengers)?

We are looking at the Arctic Circle cruise of Norway on

Serenade of the Seas

We have done 8 Celebrity cruises and are not Diamond on Royal, but have not done a cruise on Royal.

I checked out ship on the RC website and it doesn't mention the passenger capacity on the ships.

Can someone tell me which of the ships are the mega-ships (over 3000 passengers)?

Serenade of the Seas

The ships of the Voyager, Freedom, Oasis, and Quantum classes all are more than 3000 guests.

Majesty and the ships of the Vision and Radiance classes (Serenade is Radiance class) are less than 3000 guests.

Edited by clarea

Serenade of the Seas

Serenade is not one of the mega-ships. By RCI standards, you could consider her a small ship. Voyager Class and above would probably be what you consider the mega ships.

I wouldn't let the passenger capacity dictate which ship to choose, you may be pleasantly surprised if you tried it.

I was on Radiance (sister to Serenade) and the ship had more congestion/crowds than the mega ships. The Voyager class ships are very spacious and well laid out. The Oasis carries more than 6K passengers and it felt the least crowded of all.