Cruise Next question for NCL cruise passengers

UDP....Yes!!!

Hello fellow NCL passengers. I just returned last week from a cruise on NCL's Getaway. While aboard, I booked a new cruise and put on deposit down on a second cruise with NCL's Cruise Next program. I assumed because I was booking it on the ship, the cruises would be handled by NCL. Not the case. I called NCL tonight to make a payment and to ask a few questions. I was told that the two cruises I put down payments on would be handled by World Trade Holdings. I was given their phone #, and told I could call them and have my cruise transferred to NCL to handle. I wasn't told by the Cruise Consulant on the dhip, the the two cruise would be handled by World Trade Holdings, nor is their any mention on my documents or emails I received from NCL while aboard the dhip. Is this the norm for everyone booking with the Cruisr a Next program??? I would like your opinion on this. We're you surprised that a travel agency was handling your cruise and not NCL directly???

Thanks in advance for your feedback

Edited by UDP....Yes!!!
Miss spelled wording

Did you book your first cruise with World Trade Holdings?

I believe when you make a booking on board it reverts to wherever you booked your present cruise. You are then free to transfer the booking wherever you like; direct with NCL or you could choose another travel agency.

If they did not do this I would imagine there would be numerous upset travel agents who felt that NCL was stealing their clients.

Rochelle

I believe when you make a booking on board it reverts to wherever you booked your present cruise. You are then free to transfer the booking wherever you like; direct with NCL or you could choose another travel agency.

One can transfer their reservation from NCL to a TA with a simple form, but from a TA to another TA (or back to NCL if that's even possible) one needs permission from the TA that currently has (owns) the reservation.

Thanks Richelle and Demonyte, your replies make sense. I booked my most recent cruise on the Getaway directly with NCL. First time I booked directly with a cruiseline. I called World Trade Holdings after getting the news from NCL, that WTH had my booking. WTH is going to change my booking to NCL, and it will take 72 hours because of the form Demonyte mentioned. I guess I'm just surprised that my new bookings weren't automatically handled by NCL, since I reserved them while on one their ships with their Cruise Consultant. Thanks for your input.

Did WTH offer you a cash-back offer with your booking? I've booked with them several times and have always received some sort of cash-back reimbursement for expenses on the ship. For my next cruise to Bermuda, I'll get $175 cash-back after I send them a copy of my ship statement.

Worth a shot.