Obstructed view deck 14

beta98beta

Has anyone noticed that it almost looks as if the obstructed view cabins on deck 14 (under the serenity deck) appear as if they might be facing a metal wall? It doesn't looks as open as the other observation decks. We weren't sure so passed on these rooms and booked a spa balcony instead, but still curious about them.. :confused:

Edited by beta98beta

It's tough to say. Looking at some of the construction pics, it does look like the wall is higher on that deck than the decks below it. But, looking at the renderings, they all look the same height. Not sure if that means there is temporary construction material still in place or if the renderings are wrong. Only time will tell

• 1 month later...

I know a lot of people normally book the front facing obstructed view cabins because the price in lower than a normal oceanview cabin (usually priced about the same or close to an interior) and they have easy access to the public observation deck (aka secret deck). However I would be leary of booking those cabins on the 14th (spa) deck of the Vista until some people have been on it and reports back. Normally there is a low metal wall around the observation deck but it doesn't block light from getting into the cabin and when standing in the cabin you still have a decent view similar to the one on the front of the ship channel on the ships tv.

However on the renderings of the Vista, deck 14 seems to have an extremely high wall around the observation deck area. I pointed this out to someone a month or so or go and they said it was probably just an artist's misinterpretation. But today I saw this pic of the Vista in dock as its being constructed and it that deck 14 observation area really appears to be block by the wall from this angle...

Don't know... hard to tell... I would just advise anyone to be careful when booking the public observation deck facing obstructed view cabins on deck 14, the obstruction might be an actual, almost as tall as the window, steel wall.... We booked a spa balcony instead to be safe... Deck 14 is above the Gym (large expanse of front windows) and below the serenity deck.

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hp...39556071_n.jpg

In that picture, it's really difficult to tell what is part of construction material and what actually is going to be a part of the ship. But, considering that metal wall goes the entire length of the ship, it leads me to believe that it's part of the structure of the ship. I certainly wouldn't be booking these rooms until someone reported back what they were like.

Are these the rooms that someone was reporting trying to book and they were listed under ocean view and obstructed at the same time depending on what you clicked when doing your mock booking?