Marseille - Calanques, Aix or Avignon

deevmo

I need some advice please. Our ship will be in port on a Sunday. I've heard lots of places are closed, so would it be worth going to Aix or Avignon?

We will be there in June. Will the lavender fields be in bloom? If so, where would I need to go to see them?

Other option I'm considering is a boat to see the Calanques. I've heard some let you swim off the boat. Does anyone know which company that is?

Which option would you recommend in Marseille of the 3 or is there something else you'd recommend.

Thanks for your input!

All places will be open on a Sunday in June. Depending on how much time you have, you can see both Aix and Avignon. If not, pick one of the two. For other combinations, some tours will take you to Les Baux and Avignon. Some other tours will take you to Aix and Cassis from where you can also take the boat tour to the Calanques. If you can only choose one place, save the Calanques (which are very pretty) for you third trip to the area.