Shore Excursion Credit

PoolSlider

Hi. Never cruised before and have booked for Thanksgiving out of NOLA. Is it possible to book shore excursions online at the full price and get the shore excursion credit back on your onboard account? Or must I call in to book to use the credit? Also are shore excursions refundable if the weather is bad or you change your mind? Thanks for helping.

I have the shore excursion credit for my upcoming cruise and I called the excursion number to add two of them to my vacation summary. I was told that was the way to go about it if you choose that promo.

Mon-Fri: 9am - 5:30 pm ET. Shore Excursions 1.866.625.1167.

Hi. Never cruised before and have booked for Thanksgiving out of NOLA. Is it possible to book shore excursions online at the full price and get the shore excursion credit back on your onboard account? Or must I call in to book to use the credit? Also are shore excursions refundable if the weather is bad or you change your mind? Thanks for helping.

Yes, you must call or use guest services on board to get the credit properly added to ship account. 90 days before cruise or less will get you a better list of available excursions. I would call before.

If you have 3 ports to visit and you don't use one or more, you just lose them. They do not refund to your account.

It's like having the unlimited drinks deal, if you don't drink, they won't refund the $456 they say is the value of this deal.

If you book your excursion prior to being on the ship, do you have to pay in full for them at the time of booking? Or do they just get added to your overall bill for the entire cruise?

If you book/buy a shore excursion prior to sailing you'll be asked to pay at that time (online or calling).

If you are using the Shore Excursion promotion credit you must call ahead of the trip to book and have the credit apply to your pre sailing purchase. Other posters have provided the proper number to use for this transaction.

If you book onboard the charges are added to the account. If you have shore excursion credit that will be applied to your Onboard account to offset the charge.

If you book your excursion prior to being on the ship, do you have to pay in full for them at the time of booking? Or do they just get added to your overall bill for the entire cruise?

We're using shore excursion credits on our upcoming cruise and we were given a number to call to book them. The balance due after the credit will be added to our shipboard account. We weren't given an option to pay the balance in advance. When I called to make final payment though, they had added to cost of the excursions to the balance due. A phone call corrected it and they apologized saying some mistakes in how the credit would be applied were made early on. So, if you booked soon after they began offering this as a booking promotion, make sure your balance is correct when you make your final cruise payment.

Edited by emcelh

I have been reading the various reply's in this thread - and I am just wondering if you are all certain you can not use the credit when you book the shore excursion online? I do not have any shore excursion credit, but I have a few future cruises booked, and if I choose to make an online payment, I get the choice of "Other payment methods" including something they (NCL) call "My coupons and credits". Since I don't have any credits myself, the choice is not "active" on my reservation - but if you have a shore excursion credit, wouldn't that be the place to use it for a partial payment and then your credit card for the rest (unless the shore excursion credit covers the total price)? Instead of having to call NCL.....?

Just wondering..... :confused:

Edited by TrumpyNor