Tahitian Princess Balcony Question

Perki

When looking at a few pictures of this ship I noticed that the balconies along the side of the ship, toward the very aft (pretty much the last one on floor 6/7/8) seem to be odd shaped and may have smaller openings on them than the other balconies. Can anyone that has stayed in any of these rooms confirm or let me know if that is beyond the balcony itself. Rooms in question would be 7112/7117 or 6086/6089 . We are booked in 7117 right now and would consider doing an upgrade to BB Guarantee, if I can, if this balcony is not as open as the others, as we actually use our balcony every day, just to hang out and watch the world go by, so it is somewhat important to us vs others who may not be out there but a couple of minutes or so a day. Thank you!

PS: these would be the same on their sister ship the Pacific Princess if anyone has been in any of these rooms on that ship too.

Perki,

We stayed in 7117 this past June on the Tahitian Princess. The balcony is the same size as all the other balconies. The outside opening is a little more covered in the upper corner, but this is barely noticeable. As I looked through my pictures, I could not even find one it had affected and I took most of my pictures from the balcony. I especially loved the fact that no one was on the other side of us, it was a solid wall. As you might know, even though there are doors between balconies, there are HUGE gaps and if anyone wants to see you or you want to see them, you would have very little trouble. We loved this room.

Renee

Boy thank you so much for the info, that makes me feel better! From the picture of the ship it almost looks like one would loose almost 1/3 the opening and that is why one buys a balcony is to gaze out from the room as well as to hang out on the balcony.

Also since you were in this room, just wondering if you felt like you had more motion in that room due to being in the back? I figure there is much more in the front than the back, with the middle being the least moving of all areas. Again thank you so much for helping put my fears to rest.

Sorry, Perki, but you won't escape the motion on this ship, even in the middle. This was my sixth cruise, but the smallest ship I have been on. If you have been on the bigger ships, this will feel like a "baby ship". It was also the first time I got seasick, a totally new experience for me. I did bring Dramamine as a precaution and started taking it the next day. If you think you'll get ill, start taking it ahead of time because once you're sick it won't help. The motion was rough as soon as we set sail on Day 2. I was not alone in getting ill either. I was fine for the next few days, didn't even feel the ship moving, so I stopped taking the Dramamine and the second formal night I got ill again and missed dinner. My advice is to take precautions and not risk a spoiled trip.

Archived