If it Rains...

karkee8807

Well, it rained a lot during our time there. We had to cancel a day-long pontoon boat rental. I'm such a planner in most aspects and had planned this trip and was really thrown through a loop when we had to cancel the boat trip and it rained as much as it did! How could I not have a plan B??!!

Anyway, we did some shopping in the Dockyard then took the ferry to Hamilton and walked around there as well. We just wore raincoats with hoods. Our friends went to St. George though and toured around there. They went snorkeling in Tobacco Bay (in the rain--not storming though). The next day our catamaran sail/snorkel trip (Restless Native--excellent!) was almost cancelled twice because impending weather. It poured at times on our way to our destination but we bunkered down below. It also rained some (no thunder/lightening) while we were there, so we just swam in the rain.

Apparently it hadn't rained in the 6 weeks prior to our arrival....:rolleyes:

Oh well--the weather was a good excuse to go back one day. We loved Bermuda, even in the rain! I still have hopes of renting a pontoon boat and exploring via boat one day....

Amy

I totally understand the not having a plan B.

My husband and I were in Bermuda Oct of 2014. We arrived the day Hurricane Fay hit. We were late getting into port the first day. All of our excursions we had book were canceled as well as there was some down trees and flooding. We just did our own thing. We still fell in love with Bermuda and knew we'd go back one day. They were cleaning up from Fay and prepping for Gonzalo and the locals were still as nice as could be.

It worked out that we are able to go back in two weeks and we want a plan b incase we run into weather issues again.

We'd really like to go into St. Georges this time. We probably will after the caves our first day in port since we will already be half way there. Weather permitting we are going to check out the sea glass beach up there. We went to the one closer to the Dockyard last year and it was amazing.

What did you friends like most about St. Georges?

This is our 2nd trip to Bermuda and it looks like we're scheduled for rain/storm the time we are there again. Last time we rented scooters anyway and with our ponchos went around the island. Too bad we didn't make a note of the places we wanted to return to. It was, as you'd expect pretty uncomfortable and not something I'd repeat. Appreciate the idea of ferry over and walking around. Rain doesn't stop us but it definitely kinks my plans. :(

We leave tomorrow. Wish us luck. Keep the suggestions coming.