Difference between early saver and saver

miss travel

What is the difference between an early saver and saver.

I think the main difference is that with an 'Early Saver' you have the option within your cruise personaliser to state your dining preferences i.e. time & table size, whereas with a 'saver fare' you don't.

I thought (but I could be wrong) that after 'Select Fare' payers 'Early Savers' are next in line for any upgrades etc.

Yes, I agree with Big Foot.... and Savers cabins are not allocated until about two weeks before sailing and you have no choice of cabin nor are able to request a dining option.

You are allocated wherever you end up and can only guarantee that you get the category of cabin for which you have paid and you cannot make any changes. I think you can make some changes to your booking on Early Saver.

Having said that, if you have no preferences as to cabin or dining and just want a cheaper deal, a Saver is an excellent choice.

Edited by Scriv

The other difference between early saver and saver is that if you book an early saver you only have to pay 15% deposit (same as select) but with saver you have to pay the full amount.

I have booked both in the past and have been able to request a dining option with early saver via a link which they send you after booking. With a saver fare you get no choice BUT we were able to change our dining option after embarking. For some reason they had given us 1st sitting (which I thought was the most popular) and we prefer either freedom or 2nd sitting.

Not all cruises in all categories of cabin will go down to saver fares.

I personally and I have seen another post that said the same, would not book early saver.

You do not get all the bells and whistles of select and you do not get the cheap prices of saver, sort of between a rock and a hard place. The price may not be that much less than select in some cases . Also depends on how the cruise is selling as to when early saver fares are brought in.

Saver, well you pay 100% at time of booking and if you had to cancel for any reason, you lose 100%.

I would love suites and mini suites to go down to saver fares , but they never do.

If its a cruise that lots of ships do all of the time, except for the above grades you would probably get saver fares. If its a one off, usually bottom and top grades will sell out before you reach saver.

Only you can decide which aspects are more/less important to you.

Saver fares only seem to come out after final payment is due so the cancellation fee would be the same 100% for select or early saver.

Assuming the select or early saver were booked when saver fares came out.

Edited by CCFC

Saver fares only seem to come out after final payment is due so the cancellation fee would be the same 100% for select or early saver.

Assuming the select or early saver were booked when saver fares came out.

With select if you need to move the booking to a later cruise ,rather than cancelling the whole thing, could you not do it. Never got as close to sailing date to know whether you could or not...I think you can...early saver, don't know.saver lose it.

The other difference between early saver and saver is that if you book an early saver you only have to pay 15% deposit (same as select) but with saver you have to pay the full amount.

With the saver yes you do have to pay 100% which is non refundable at time of booking and with an early saver only 15% but you then have to pay the balance which then becomes non refundable about 3 months before cruise. As the savers (or late saver as I call them) don't normally come out until less than 3 months before the cruise, after the early savers have finished, it really works out the same as regard payment.