altering cruise dates

sesameking

My husband and I (and 5 year old daughter) are booked on the Breakaway for May, so still 200+ days away. We've paid our $500 deposit, balance due at the end of February. We also have the unlimited beverage package which was offered as a promotion. We now have a conflict during that week, so I need to call to alter the trip. Going to push it out two weeks. I should not be charged anything to change, correct? I believe the UBP is still offered as a promotion, so nothing should change there either? What if the new week I want (two weeks later) is showing online as a little more $, will they charge me that difference? Any advice before I call today.

Also, if you cancel a cruise with Norweigian altogether this far out do you get your deposit back?

Changing dates is effectively cancelling the first cruise and booking another. When you do those two actions at the same time, they are usually able to transfer your already paid deposit directly to the new cruise - if not (in US) you get your deposit back in full as long as your non-free cancellation period has not yet started. If you have booked directly through NCL, there are no cancellation fees this far out (some TAs have change/cancellation fees but not NCL in US).

New cruise is of course priced as it is at the moment you book it so it does not matter what the old, cancelled cruise would have costed, new one will be priced with current price.

My husband and I (and 5 year old daughter) are booked on the Breakaway for May, so still 200+ days away. We've paid our $500 deposit, balance due at the end of February. We also have the unlimited beverage package which was offered as a promotion. We now have a conflict during that week, so I need to call to alter the trip. Going to push it out two weeks. I should not be charged anything to change, correct? I believe the UBP is still offered as a promotion, so nothing should change there either? What if the new week I want (two weeks later) is showing online as a little more $, will they charge me that difference? Any advice before I call today.

Also, if you cancel a cruise with Norweigian altogether this far out do you get your deposit back?

As others have said you will effectively be cancelling one cruise and booking a new one at the current rate and with the current promo. Back in February when you originally booked, the gratuities were included with the UBP. This is no longer the case so when you book the new date you will have to pay the UBP's 18% gratuities with your final payment. They should be able to transfer your deposit to the new cruise date.

I just date changed our Breakaway cruise to Bermuda from October 2016 to May 2016. Deposit was applied to new booking and Canadian dollar conversion was as the same rate (.07%) as when we booked the original cruise in January. We were not charged the 18% gratuities to our beverage package when we rebooked. Obviously, this is not the case for everyone.

As others have said you will effectively be cancelling one cruise and booking a new one at the current rate and with the current promo. Back in February when you originally booked, the gratuities were included with the UBP. This is no longer the case so when you book the new date you will have to pay the UBP's 18% gratuities with your final payment. They should be able to transfer your deposit to the new cruise date.

Peg, I didn't book in February - I booked in June, and I already had to pay the gratuities, so that wouldn't make a difference.

Peg, I didn't book in February - I booked in June, and I already had to pay the gratuities, so that wouldn't make a difference.

Oops, sorry. I missed the words "payment due" and thought you paid your deposit in February.