Non Ship Tours from Falmouth

nosmothj

We are doing this (Blue Hole, Scotchies, Tour) in November for a group of five with Travel Jamaica Tours. The company was highly recommended per Cruise Critic Boards and Errol has been very quick in response. It's $230 for transportation for five people and $10 per person to Blue Hole, lunch is paid per person at Scotchies. Very much looking forward to it!

Has anyone done a zip line excursion from Falmouth? There are 3 of us in our party. Thanks!

yes...we booked a zipline through the ship for chukka (sp?)....was a blast....if i recall correctly they had seven ziplines and two vertical repells.....there was about 4-5 guides...very safety-conscious and also very funny....wouldn't hesitate to book them again....

• 2 weeks later...
yes...we booked a zipline through the ship for chukka (sp?)....was a blast....if i recall correctly they had seven ziplines and two vertical repells.....there was about 4-5 guides...very safety-conscious and also very funny....wouldn't hesitate to book them again....

Can you give me a little info on this one? Did you have options to do other things there or just zipline? Do you remember the price?

Any info will help....we are looking for something besides Dunns River Falls or the Bluehole to do while in Falmouth!

Can you give me a little info on this one? Did you have options to do other things there or just zipline? Do you remember the price?

Any info will help....we are looking for something besides Dunns River Falls or the Bluehole to do while in Falmouth!

I am looking for confirmation for much the same. From what I have read so far, there seams to be quite a bit to do at the Chukka Estate. Ziplining, Tubing, fourwheeling, etc. I know there is a short tour of the house and there is a pool you can use. I am also certain that I read a guy previously booked just an estate pass through his cruise line and then paid at the estate to do ziplining and such. He said it was much more cost effective this way.

Can anyone confirm?

Edited by RCmommy

We just got back from our Western Caribbean cruise on the Navigator of the Seas. We had a stop in Jamaica and we had booked a tour with Jamaica Phil to go to the Blue Hole. From the time that Phil picked us up at the port until the time that he dropped us back off, he was entertaining, funny, informative and very concerned that we would have a great time during our time on his island.

First stop was the Blue Hole, which is a series of waterfalls in which you jump from into pools of water - then get out and go to the next one. It was soooo beautiful there, uncrowded and the "guides" there at the location were very careful to make sure that we didn't slip and fall. Very nice guys.

From there Phil took us to a small private beach that is next to the Riu resort in Ochos Rios. OMG, the water, the beach...I could have been there all day. It was gorgeous. I don't know that I've seen water that blue. We were there about 30 minutes. After that, we went to a little roadside restaurant/bar sitting on a cliff overlooking the ocean/bay with more of that absolutely BLUE water.

Then...back to the pier. The entire day lasted about 5.5-6 hours total - it was a bit of a drive to the Blue Hole - but it was very interesting to see "local" Jamaica vs a "false" resort. It definitely seems to be a poverty ridden island, which is very sad - but then again, you see new homes being built, so maybe things are starting to look up there.

If you're thinking about the Blue Hole, I'd 100% recommend Phil Lafayette with Jamaica Phil Tours. FANTASTIC tour!

• 2 weeks later...
We just got back from our Western Caribbean cruise on the Navigator of the Seas. We had a stop in Jamaica and we had booked a tour with Jamaica Phil to go to the Blue Hole. From the time that Phil picked us up at the port until the time that he dropped us back off, he was entertaining, funny, informative and very concerned that we would have a great time during our time on his island.

First stop was the Blue Hole, which is a series of waterfalls in which you jump from into pools of water - then get out and go to the next one. It was soooo beautiful there, uncrowded and the "guides" there at the location were very careful to make sure that we didn't slip and fall. Very nice guys.

From there Phil took us to a small private beach that is next to the Riu resort in Ochos Rios. OMG, the water, the beach...I could have been there all day. It was gorgeous. I don't know that I've seen water that blue. We were there about 30 minutes. After that, we went to a little roadside restaurant/bar sitting on a cliff overlooking the ocean/bay with more of that absolutely BLUE water.

Then...back to the pier. The entire day lasted about 5.5-6 hours total - it was a bit of a drive to the Blue Hole - but it was very interesting to see "local" Jamaica vs a "false" resort. It definitely seems to be a poverty ridden island, which is very sad - but then again, you see new homes being built, so maybe things are starting to look up there.

If you're thinking about the Blue Hole, I'd 100% recommend Phil Lafayette with Jamaica Phil Tours. FANTASTIC tour!

What was the cost PP?