Oasis Deck 14 and upgrade?

SweetPea1027

We are doing the short, 3 day cruise on the Oasis in October. Our first cruise, just to see how it goes and our first vacation without the kids.

I noticed there was a huge price drop today and called in (we booked back in March). Even though it is after final payment, they upgraded us from a D8 oceanview balcony on the 7th deck to a D2 superior oceanview stateroom on deck 14. The room they gave us appears to be on the "hump" as I've heard it called and has a bigger balcony.

I've read some things about how loud deck 14 is that has me worried. Was this a good upgrade? What really is the difference between D8 and D2? The rep did tell me to keep checking the website as prices change daily and that we might be eligible for another upgrade.

Sorry if these questions seem stupid, definitely a newbie here!

We are doing the short, 3 day cruise on the Oasis in October. Our first cruise, just to see how it goes and our first vacation without the kids.

I noticed there was a huge price drop today and called in (we booked back in March). Even though it is after final payment, they upgraded us from a D8 oceanview balcony on the 7th deck to a D2 superior oceanview stateroom on deck 14. The room they gave us appears to be on the "hump" as I've heard it called and has a bigger balcony.

I've read some things about how loud deck 14 is that has me worried. Was this a good upgrade? What really is the difference between D8 and D2? The rep did tell me to keep checking the website as prices change daily and that we might be eligible for another upgrade.

Sorry if these questions seem stupid, definitely a newbie here!

D2 is a higher category and is on the hump because the balcony is larger. Enjoy that bigger balcony! :)

(which cabin did you get? What is directly overhead?)

Edited by Merion_Mom

I always stay on deck 14 JS. It is a quick flight of stairs to the pool deck so no waiting for elevators. I also like to up high for a nice view of Earth. On rare occasion, I do hear kids running or the dropping of a lounge chair. I can also hear them drain the pool in the evening if I skip dinner.