Pride September 13, 2015 Photo Diary

Danacat222

It wouldn't be a trip to Margaritaville without getting some fun adult beverages. Warning though, these hold 32 ounces of potent goodness. Don't ask me how much they cost, after the second one I was just a little giddy. I do know this, you buy the cup with the drink and refills are the price of a regular drink. Or something like that...

photo2-vi.jpg

We went for a stroll up the beach...the ship was conducting safety training...

214-vi.jpg

216-vi.jpg

234-vi.jpg

245-vi.jpg

258-vi.jpg

Edited by Danacat222

photo4-vi.jpg

After a very enjoyable day in Grand Turk, it was time to get back on board. We spent so much time in the pool that we never got anything to eat at Margaritaville as we had planned. So imagine how we were feeling after sucking down 2 each of these on rice krispies and melon from the morning. Yea, I had to sober up really quick to help get us back to and on the ship without any embarrassing situations. Thankfully there was no line, that was a first

photo2-vi.jpg

photo1-vi.jpg

photo4-vi.jpg

photo2-vi.jpg

photo4-vi.jpg

Backing way from Grand Turk....

photo-vi.jpg

Once back on board, there was a pretty big rush of people attempting to get food. We never saw our room service menu and I volunteered to go find some quick carbs to absorb the alcohol. In no time I returned to the cabin with pizza and some bread, and a few things from chopsticks. We ate, sailed away, and walked the ship taking some pics of some if its gifts.

photo2-vi.jpg

"Presented by 81 years old guest"

photo2-vi.jpg

photo7-vi.jpg

Edited by Danacat222

Didn't realize our cabana was next to you at Grand Turk, too! We were in 9. And, though I don't know how to quote to show you the picture, you have caught our whole family in the pool in the picture of your two clock drinks :)

My husband in the man walking out of the pool, my mother has the pink hat on, my kids are there in their life jackets, and sadly, I am there too ;)

Enjoying your look back!

Didn't realize our cabana was next to you at Grand Turk, too! We were in 9. And, though I don't know how to quote to show you the picture, you have caught our whole family in the pool in the picture of your two clock drinks :)

My husband in the man walking out of the pool, my mother has the pink hat on, my kids are there in their life jackets, and sadly, I am there too ;)

Enjoying your look back!

Oh that is funny! Sorry I cropped out your husband to zoom in...I remember commenting on your Mom's pink hat because it is so much like my Mom's blue hat, and pink is my Mom's favorite color. I'm sure i have some of you in my HMC pics.

DSC05452-vi.jpg

DSC05453-vi.jpg

After walking the ship, we had a short nap. The sun has gown down, now it was time for dinner!

This was one of three GREAT nights with the wonderful dining room team of Sumpena and I Putu. They were fabulous. What's interesting, the previous 5 Carnival cruises, we had teams of three.

photo6sovi-vi.jpg

Southern Fried Chicken - not bad, very surprised. Sorry it is blurry, they were starting to dance.

photo6chvi-vi.jpg

Tiramisu - mom likes it, i am not a fan

photo6de1vi-vi.jpg

Bitter and Blanc - my favorite

photo7de2vi-vi.jpg

photo2divi-vi.jpg

Dinner Dance

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

• 2 weeks later...

After dinner, we went to check out the Hasbro Game Show, we were a little late so we were not sure what was going on, but we were able to see it again later in the cruise where I did feel like we were in one long commercial for Hasbro.

photo3-vi.jpg

After Hasbro we went to look at the Fun Shops, then headed to the Gender Showdown with Steve at 10:15. After that The Quest was coming up at 11:15 and while we really wanted to see it, we had another early morning coming up and wanted to get some good rest, so we went back to the cabin to get our beach stuff organized and ready for Half Moon Cay in the morning.

photo16-vi.jpg

So the next event was a little controversial. At about 1:15-1:30AM I was awoken but a very loud noise. Noise does it no justice, I don't want to be dramatic and say explosion, but it was something big and disturbing, it woke Mom up, too. Then there was an in-cabin announcement of Alpha Team, Alpha Team, Alpha Team Engine Room Zone 2. That is the code for a fire emergency aboard Carnival Cruse Line ships. ***!!!!! I went out on the balcony and there was, in my opinion, very heavy smoke around, lots of black smoke coming from the whale tail. I quickly went back in and just sat on the edge of the bed. Next the captain made another in-room announcement that there had been a fire in the engine room, that it was extinguished, and that all crew and guests were unharmed and safe and the ship was fully operational. Another in-cabin announcement followed with the captain saying all crew the the emergency is over. Carnival later said it was not a fire. Who is right? The captain who said there was a fire and it was extinguished? Or Carnival? Our arrival at Half Moon Cay would be delayed, from 9am to 10Am arrival.

We had a really difficult time getting back to sleep, but we trusted that whatever happened everything was under control.

Despite the late night interruption, we were up early and ready for a great day at Half Moon Cay. It was a bit cloudy at sea but still a ways to go and a rainbow in-between. We went for our morning stroll and to grab a light breakfast.

tvCapture-vi.jpg

photo-vi.jpg

The mid ship pool was up and running...

photo1-vi.jpg

With this being my 6th Carnival cruise and my 4th time at HMC, it is clear each ship does things differently with tendering and how they process those with priority tendering and the process this time was organized but in listening to some of the chatter around us, I think there were some frustrated people. We had a cabana and FTTF, we were instructed to meet at Taj Mahal at a specific time, tender tickets were being collected on the lido deck, and some people had differing ideas about who should be getting off the ship first. At any rate, we were of the first to tender over, I did not even hear them mention FTTF people, but if you had the private oasis or a cabana, those were called first from all of us who were waiting in Taj Mahal. I think were dropped anchor at HMC a little before 10AM.

Taken at 10:09am

DSC05581-vi.jpg

Edited by Danacat222

This was the first time I had needed to wait in line to hand in Cabana tickets, but so be it.

The ride to the Cabana ...

photo3-vi.jpg

dpDSC05596-vi.jpg

It was becoming less cloudy and ended up being the perfect beach day, just beautiful. I have to say I have been really lucky, I have never had more than a quick rain shower (only once out of 4 times) at HMC, and have never missed that stop.

photo-vi.jpg

dp2DSC05602-vi.jpg

301-vi.jpg

We enjoyed our cabana, we passed on the barbecue and just snacked on the food provided to the cabana, we brought a bottle of wine to enjoy, too, we just buried it in the cooler full of ice until we were ready for it. We really enjoyed cabana 10, it is a great location and being that Pride is not a huge ship the beach up our way was never crowded at all, If you had cabana 1-5 it must get crowded in those areas. I do wish they would provide a ride back to the tender area though, it's a bit of a hike if you spent most of the day in the water, it's also a bit much for Mom.

photo2-vi.jpg

Chips, salsa, guacamole, yummmmm!

photo3-vi.jpg

We never noticed anyone using the hammocks. There is shade to be found between cabanas, the first time I went to HMC we did not get a cabana, we found shade by a tree and never had a problem.

371-vi.jpg

Lifeguard...

372-vi.jpg

Loads of empty lounge chairs!

373-vi.jpg

So the next event was a little controversial. At about 1:15-1:30AM I was awoken but a very loud noise. Noise does it no justice, I don't want to be dramatic and say explosion, but it was something big and disturbing, it woke Mom up, too. Then there was an in-cabin announcement of Alpha Team, Alpha Team, Alpha Team Engine Room Zone 2. That is the code for a fire emergency aboard Carnival Cruse Line ships. ***!!!!! I went out on the balcony and there was, in my opinion, very heavy smoke around, lots of black smoke coming from the whale tail. I quickly went back in and just sat on the edge of the bed. Next the captain made another in-room announcement that there had been a fire in the engine room, that it was extinguished, and that all crew and guests were unharmed and safe and the ship was fully operational. Another in-cabin announcement followed with the captain saying all crew the the emergency is over. Carnival later said it was not a fire. Who is right? The captain who said there was a fire and it was extinguished? Or Carnival? Our arrival at Half Moon Cay would be delayed, from 9am to 10Am arrival.

We had a really difficult time getting back to sleep, but we trusted that whatever happened everything was under control.

I feel there was a fire as the Captain stated. I too walked onto our balcony after being woken from our cabin doing some very heavy vibrating. There was definitely lots of smoke and a heavy burning smell. I never went back to sleep again that night. Glad HMC was a relaxing day cause I was tired!

Kim

I wanted to see the picture sooo bad and now that I have...I'm absolutely stunned that she had the balls to wear that as a bathing suit...a 2-piece at that.

Sometimes I'll say, "I wish I had the balls to do that, wear that, but in this case, ... no.

No self respect.

Oh, I am LOVING this review! Your pictures are fabulous. We have been to GT and HMC a bunch of times and LOVE being there. We have always had absolutely perfect weather. LOVE just walking off the ship at GT. We sailed on Liberty as you did and tho I am a fan of spirit class ships, I fell in love with her. We were on a B2B so about the 2nd to last day I finally figured out how to get to the MDR! :eek: Loved all the changing colored lights. Had never sailed Pride (only spirit class we missed) and my good friend Jamman finally convinced me to sail her and fell in love with HER too! And we are booked on her for 14 days in March to ports of call we have never been to, so I am a happy camper....errrr....cruiser! The "bathing beauty" in the bra...nothing wrong with that if you do it in private, but on a ship with other pax and CHILDREN...:o:eek::confused:Reminds me of our Dream cruise. It was one of her inaugural sailings with only a handful from NY and we went...and there were about a dozen "older" VERY Italian women cruising together. It was fun to observe them with the accents and the hand movements...you know, "stereotypical" Italian (not in any way a slur) but they would sit every day in front of us on lounge chairs on Lido and take their blouses off, their bras off and put a "cover up" on to sit in the sun! I swear as God is my judge!!! They would help each other pull their blouses over their heads, remove their bras, put on cover ups....OYYY!!!! All the while jabbering back and forth like it was the most natural thing....well, to each his own and I just have to say, after all these years, my jaw still drops open thinking about it lol. :eek: Your mom is so pretty and I am glad you had the chance to cruise with her. Looking forward to the rest of your adventures. Thanks for sharing with us!

Cruisin Karen - I'll be joining you in March. :)

The Italian ladies - It was probably very natural for them. They aren't nearly as inhibited as us, when it comes to nudity.

Have you joined the RC for the March cruise?

Edited by WetToes

WetToes, I figured the same thing....but OYYYY....it was something, I'm telling you. And this happened every sea day. We all just happened to sit in the same places. I've checked out the roll call. Haven't joined yet. Would take me a while to read it! Looks VERY active! One of these days I'll jump aboard. We just booked this cruise last Monday. BTW, my reply with quote thingy is missing! :confused::confused:

Crusin Karen - The RC has been very active. They have a few activities lined up. Slot pull? They even have an excursion lined up.

Some are staying at the same place the night before, and are meeting for dinner. I live 15 - 20 minutes from the port. :)

14 days will be my longest cruise, and so far, first alone. My cruising partner and husband died in May. :(

It'll be nice meeting everyone,

WetToes, very very sorry for your loss. I did see mention of an excursion and have stayed at the BW Elkridge when we cruised in May. We thought we might try the Holiday Inn Express/Stadium. Our friends stayed there and liked it. I am not sure how long their "free parking" is tho. So I will have to research that. We too live 20 minutes from the port of Manhattan and cruised out of here pretty exclusively except for a cruise from FL last winter. We had miles saved for free air and our friends cruised with us and live 3 blocks from PC and we stayed overnight there, so it was "free transportation" to the port! ;) We were so upset when CCL pulled out of NY for the winter and spring which is when we always cruise. :mad: We were usually home by the time the pax for the next cruise were embarking! ;);) Baltimore is just a bit less than 4 hour drive so not too bad! DH wanted to drive down the day of, but mid March can be very fickle weather wise, so I think it's a better idea to drive down the night before. Would cost $210 to park at port for 2 weeks, so might as well spend that on a hotel! :cool: