Does Carnival usually seat a single with table of 7?

AZ Karaoke Girl

I am cruising with friends and there will be 7 of us. Will we have 1 person seated at our table to make 8? Can we request it to just be 7 of us?

Before anyone says I should be open to meeting new people, I am platinum and have had my share of sitting at tables with strangers when it is just my husband and I but since we are a group of friends with linked dining, I would like to keep it just the 7 of us without anyone else.

Edited by AZ Karaoke Girl

Highly unlikely they would put your group with one other person. They want everyone to have a good time and feel comfortable. If I was a single I would feel very uncomfortable sitting with your group since you all know each other so well and it is likely that conversations would drift to personal information and people that you all know together.

More likely they would put a single with other singles or they would put a single with multiple other couples that don't know each other (so no one person feels left out).

Are you certain that you are at an 8-top though? I could possibly see them putting your group with a family of three at a 10-top.

eta: I see that you are platinum. I would just go to the matrie D the first afternoon and make your request. should be filled easily.

Edited by bargainsniper

I am cruising with friends and there will be 7 of us. Will we have 1 person seated at our table to make 8? Can we request it to just be 7 of us?

Before anyone says I should be open to meeting new people, I am platinum and have had my share of sitting at tables with strangers when it is just my husband and I but since we are a group of friends with linked dining, I would like to keep it just the 7 of us without anyone else.

Although it's unlikely your party of 7 would be rounded up to 8 by a solo cruiser being added on, you should easily be able to make the request to privatize your table (regardless your status). Just check with the maître d' and let him know.

I doubt seriously if the Maitre'd will seat a single with you. Could happen, if the dining room is PACKED, but I doubt it. As noted above, on embarkation day, stop by the dining room and check with the staff there to see what your table assignment is. Should be no problem. ;)

"SKY"

They will only seat a solo with you if your group AND the solo person are open to it...........they will not force a solo on you! Your status doesn't matter, everyone has the right to not be seated with strangers if that is their preference. I have only cruised solo and sometimes I just want to chill by myself.............even though my neighbors are just inches away :D

As a solo cruiser, I have never been seated as the only person with a group. However, since I am a delightful and intelligent conversationalist, your loss.

Good answer.

When I opened the thread, I thought it was going to be a solo cruiser fearing a table of 8, not a family not wanting anyone else with them. Kind of hit me wrong.

Sorry if my wanting a private table with only my close friends offends you. I am sure you all are great people but I just think you would feel out of place while we are talking about small town everyone knows everyone chit chat cuz that is where we come from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do solo cruises from time to time. When I do cruise solo it is the only time I pick an assigned dining time. Carnival is good about sitting solos, etc together. However, I have had the above happen to me twice now on other lines.

I did Majesty of the Seas one time and they put me at a table with 7 other people who were all related (two brothers and their families)....and then me. That was odd.

I did a Norway cruise on Celebrity and I was sat with at a table with two British families that were travelling together...... and then me.

As I said, Carnival has always been good about it but it does happen.

I am sure if a single was assigned your table they would probably decide to opt out and would see the Maitre D to be reassigned. If they were assigned, and didn't decide to opt out what would be the harm. They would be the one not "fitting" into the clique. You would be under no obligation to include them into your "group" conversations.

I do solo cruises from time to time. When I do cruise solo it is the only time I pick an assigned dining time. Carnival is good about sitting solos, etc together. However, I have had the above happen to me twice now on other lines.

I did Majesty of the Seas one time and they put me at a table with 7 other people who were all related (two brothers and their families)....and then me. That was odd.

I did a Norway cruise on Celebrity and I was sat with at a table with two British families that were travelling together...... and then me.

As I said, Carnival has always been good about it but it does happen.

That was what I was thinking. It is also very likely that all 7 of us would eat at Guys or the buffet a night or two and not show up to dinner. I would feel bad for that one person sitting at a big table all alone.

I am sure if a single was assigned your table they would probably decide to opt out and would see the Maitre D to be reassigned. If they were assigned, and didn't decide to opt out what would be the harm. They would be the one not "fitting" into the clique. You would be under no obligation to include them into your "group" conversations.

I think they would run to the maître d once they saw our group. LOL The others that are coming with us are not frequent cruisers and honestly I don't think they are used to more formal dining rooms so they might feel uncomfortable having a stranger join them at dinner. These are country folks that the fanciest restaurant they've gone to might be Red Lobster :D and a few are missing teeth. Just sayin'. My husband and I are completely comfortable eating with others but not so sure of the others. I picture walking into Red Lobster and them saying we can seat you at this table that has a family of 7 would you care to join them.:eek: