Red Ginger question

Packard

We were on the Marina and ate in Red Ginger. We had an absolutely delicious soft shell crab appetizer which we also got in the MDR later in the cruise. I am trying to find out the name of the dipping sauce which was served with it.......anyone on board to help me out????

We were on the Marina and ate in Red Ginger. We had an absolutely delicious soft shell crab appetizer which we also got in the MDR later in the cruise. I am trying to find out the name of the dipping sauce which was served with it.......anyone on board to help me out????

I believe that they serve the soft-shell crab with an Orange Ponzu sauce.

Here's a link to a recipe for Ponzu Sauce using ingredients easily found in the US: http://www.food.com/recipe/homemade-ponzu-sauce-487741

Here's a link to a much more complicated recipe from the NY Times:

http://dinersjournal.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/02/19/recipe-of-the-day-ponzu-sauce/?_r=0

I'm certain you can substitute orange juice for the lemon and lime juice in the recipe.

Thanks for your reply. I will look up the sauce recipe that was sent as well from another poster.

O must have changed their sauce because when we were there, it was light green in colour!

O must have changed their sauce because when we were there, it was light green in colour!

The only light green Asian sauce I can think of is an Indian green chutney. If you follow this link, you'll see a good photograph of one example:

http://www.ecurry.com/blog/condiments-dips-and-sauces/mint-coriander-chutney/

In the typical a green chutney, the coriander is processed leaving some amount of texture. It is not a silky puree, but it still works wonderfully as a dipping sauce.

Does this sound the least bit familiar?

If you want to look at more recipes, you may bring up more authentic versions by searching on the Indian word "Hari" chutney. Otherwise, search for coriander chutney.