Royal Caribbean shuttle buses

bigdavefc

Hi guys, I have a question regarding the shuttle buses royal Caribbean use to get people from where the ship docks to where tour buses pick us up . Can anyone please tell me does Royal Caribbean charge a fee to use them, if so how much is it and what ports are they required. We are visiting Bay of islands, Auckland, Tauranga, Wellington, Picton and Dunedin.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi guys, I have a question regarding the shuttle buses royal Caribbean use to get people from where the ship docks to where tour buses pick us up . Can anyone please tell me does Royal Caribbean charge a fee to use them, if so how much is it and what ports are they required. We are visiting Bay of islands, Auckland, Tauranga, Wellington, Picton and Dunedin.

Cheers,

Dave

There was no bus in Auckland and Tairanga as they dock in town. The bus in Wellington was $5 each way and it dropped off at a couple of places in town. They have helpful guides at each of the stops. Picton was free and it dropped off at the end of the Main Street near the water. At Auckland and Tauranga there are on buses as the ship docks in town. I haven't been to Dunedin by ship.

Edited by cruisine21

In Tauranga you land near the beach and the tourist side of things. There is a bus for about $5 each way to go downtown but not much there. Lots of people sell tours at the dock.

In Wellington it is not too far if you want to walk for yourself and you get a nicer introduction to the city as you walk up to it.

Picton is free but be warned that it is a small country town. There will be more passengers on your ship than live in Picton. The best part is coming in to the port in the early morning. The sounds are quite beautiful with an early morning mist.

Downtown Dunedin is about 20 minutes away from the Port of Otago. There is a nice little town at the port with a Cathedral that looks worth visiting. There is a cost for the bus or you can catch a train (from memory).