New promotion - National Plan a Cruise Month

DaveOKC

No go for us even though it's listed on the sale for the 15 day Eurodam Nov 22, 2015. Our cruise and date for the 15 days is on the list too. Prices are still the same as we paid very HIGH haven't seen them come down since final payment either - but they said something about us already having 450.00 OBC between FCC and TA OBC (we didn't get the Explore 4 either) - WHAT does that have to do with it??? Once you've made final payment they have you is my impression of it all.

I know our TA spent about an hour trying to get someone to give it to us. SO I will just enjoy our cruise and not bother with it anymore. Just seems odd that some can get it and some can't - happy for the people who were able to take advantage of it.

ENJOY

I think they key is that most of the people that have gotten it are before final payment. My cruise was listed and I didn't get an obc but I did get a good upgrade on my cabin which I likely would have gotten as it was a guarantee.

I think they key is that most of the people that have gotten it are before final payment. My cruise was listed and I didn't get an obc but I did get a good upgrade on my cabin which I likely would have gotten as it was a guarantee.

Was your "good upgrade" dollar wise more (if you had to pay for the upgrade) than the OBC you would have received? I bet it was. :)

Was your "good upgrade" dollar wise more (if you had to pay for the upgrade) than the OBC you would have received? I bet it was. :)

I went from a vh guarantee cabin to a v cabin so it was worth a fair bit more. That may have also been the situation with other vh guarantees. I was over the moon about not being assigned a Juliette balcony.

I also wanted to acknowledge DaveOKC for alerting us to the National Plan a Cruise Month Promotion. Just think how much total OBC we all received because of your heads up! Bravo Dave.

You are quite welcome! I appreciate everyone's "Thank You". It always feels good to see people get a bit more than they expected and that they appreciate the information provided.

DaveOKC

Edited by DaveOKC

It's always worth a try - do you have a travel agent? A couple of years ago we were going to go on a cruise with my DSIL and her hubby (from Perth, WA) and a promo came up - I suggested she talk to her TA about it - they ended up with a better deal than we had!

Hi,

You were right. This promotion not available in Oz. Instead we were offered an extra $25 pp onboard credit, a pinnacle lunch, cannaletto. Dinner and a bottle of wine on boarding. Very happy with that.

Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DaveOKC Thank you very much for the alert on this recent promotion by HAL. Thanks to your posting, we were able to get an additional $200 OBC which will help defer the costs of excursions.

Diane

Yet one more HUGE thank you to Dave OKC.

Four of us are traveling in two Neptune Suites and, thanks to you, each couple has $300 more OBC. If I ever see you aboard a ship, we owe you a PG dinner.:) ...... (or Lido .. your choice.:D:D)

Cheers!

Edited by AZNative2000

Four of us are traveling in two Neptune Suites and, thanks to you, each couple has $300 more OBC. If I ever see you aboard a ship, we owe you a PG dinner.:) ...... (or Lido .. your choice.:D:D)

Cheers!

Been a long time since I communicated with you on Cruisecritic. Where in Arizona are you as I forgot? We bought a house in Sun Lakes.

Diane

Cheers!

A nice drink will do! Hope to sail with you sometime.

I have 3 HAL cruises for 2016. My Nov cruise is with one agent and she was able to get us $100 each. The other agent for our Feb and April cruises tells us that to get this OBC promotion we will have to pay a higher fare. Has anyone faced this situation? We expected $100 ea for our balcony cabin and $150 for vista suite. We are getting some other OBCs from the TA and HAL but that was before this was announced. I know that the small print says new cruises only but the Nov cruise was booked months ago.

A serious tip of the hat to DaveOKC for posting about this. We picked up a nice chunk of OBC for Alaska. We also got some nice onboard credit AND the full suite Explore 4 for the Eurodam in the Caribbean. My DFIL was able to get Explore 4 for our Eurodam as well. My dad, who is doing a Triple Denali got a nice bump as well.

We've never been in a position where we didn’t know what to do with the excess OBC before, so it's a really welcome change. Hope we don't develop a caviar allergy between now and the cruise. ;)

Edited by POA1

I have 3 HAL cruises for 2016. My Nov cruise is with one agent and she was able to get us $100 each. The other agent for our Feb and April cruises tells us that to get this OBC promotion we will have to pay a higher fare. Has anyone faced this situation? We expected $100 ea for our balcony cabin and $150 for vista suite. We are getting some other OBCs from the TA and HAL but that was before this was announced. I know that the small print says new cruises only but the Nov cruise was booked months ago.

Getting these new promotions added on depends what you paid for the original booking. One of my cruises was part of the new promotion, but because I got such a good deal when I booked, I would have to pay a higher fare in order to get all the new credits. It wasn't worth re-faring the cruise.

That's possibly why you didn't get anything for your other cruises.

Getting these new promotions added on depends what you paid for the original booking. One of my cruises was part of the new promotion, but because I got such a good deal when I booked, I would have to pay a higher fare in order to get all the new credits. It wasn't worth re-faring the cruise.

That's possibly why you didn't get anything for your other cruises.

Yes, it certainly depends on what you already paid, what other promotions you already have, and if you are past final payment date.

With that being said, you should always call and ask on any new promotion as you never know for sure the answer and you have nothing to lose (and lots to potentially gain). Just read all of the above posts on this topic to see how many people received hundreds of dollars by asking!

Yes, it certainly depends on what you already paid, what other promotions you already have, and if you are past final payment date.

With that being said, you should always call and ask on any new promotion as you never know for sure the answer and you have nothing to lose (and lots to potentially gain). Just read all of the above posts on this topic to see how many people received hundreds of dollars by asking!

Totally agree. After my upgrade my PCC said that if there are anymore fare drops or promos before my cruise leaves I wouldn't be likely to get anything BUT she told me to ask anyway.

I agree. I did contact my TA and that's what I found out.

Whenever I see a new promotion and the cruise I already have booked is included, I contact my TA and ask what is possible. Sometimes I get good news. :)

on 2 cruises that offset the OBCs so we left it alone. We were able to get double miles promotion added during the TA promotion this week so that was worth more that the OBCs. Just surprised that HAL wouldn't just add it as they did for our Nov cruise.

I just noticed a new promo "Get Up and Go" that offers onboard credit and "cheap" upgrades.

I saw my cruise listed on it so I'm going to call my TA in the morning and hope for some OBC as unfortunately mine didn't qualify for the National Cruise Month promo either (darn it!)

I currently have a quad room (2 adults, 2 kids), a triple (2 adults, 1 kid) and a double booked (1 adult, 1 kid).

1. If I move one kid from the quad to the double, the price decreases for the first and second passenger by about $500!! and the third stays the same. Is there a penalty to moving him? I think the deposit related to the 1st and 2nd passengers.

2. Also, I have inside cabins booked right now, however the oceanview are now cheaper. I have not paid in full, so can I "upgrade" to the cheaper oceanview room without penalty or how do I approach this?

On top of the cheaper oceanview room, I would gain $150 obc per room for National Cruise month and then another $150 per person with the Get Up and Go promo.

I have not paid in full (it is coming next week).

Thanks for your advice!

Edited by RGBFamily

I currently have a quad room (2 adults, 2 kids), a triple (2 adults, 1 kid) and a double booked (1 adult, 1 kid).

1. If I move one kid from the quad to the double, the price decreases for the first and second passenger by about $500!! and the third stays the same. Is there a penalty to moving him? I think the deposit related to the 1st and 2nd passengers.

2. Also, I have inside cabins booked right now, however the oceanview are now cheaper. I have not paid in full, so can I "upgrade" to the cheaper oceanview room without penalty or how do I approach this?

On top of the cheaper oceanview room, I would gain $150 obc per room for National Cruise month and then another $150 per person with the Get Up and Go promo.

I have not paid in full (it is coming next week).

Thanks for your advice!

Just an update ... I called the TA and they advised me that HAL will not allow me to change my booking to the new promo. I am not sure why as I have not paid in full.

So I get to PAY $200 more per adult ($1,200 for the party) for an inside cabin than the current rate for an oceanview. I am having trouble wrapping my head around it.