Lunar eclipse

lidoplease

Unfortunately, the eclipse of the blood moon may not be visible to our West Coast cruisers. By the time the moon "rises" over the Pacific, the eclipse may be over.

The prime viewing area is the East Coast of the US, Mexico and South America, including all of the Caribbean.

The last blood moon eclipse I recall seeing was outside the NY Sheraton from 7th Avenue looking east down 52nd Street. The moon was low in the sky and seemed to fill the space between the skyscrapers as it turned bronze. Hopefully this will be another memorable one. For those fortunate enough to be cruising at the time, I envy you!

Edited by evandbob

We'll be on the Fascination in the Bahamas for the eclipse.

Camera is already charged, and I have my fingers crossed that the storms drifting around further east and southeast won't be throwing clouds over us.

Wishing good viewing to everyone!

Wendy

Unfortunately, the eclipse of the blood moon may not be visible to our West Coast cruisers. By the time the moon "rises" over the Pacific, the eclipse may be over.

As you can see in the graphic below, on the West Coast, the moon will be partially eclipsed at moonrise and will become totally eclipsed shortly after. In Los Angeles for example, the moon rises at 6:39 pm on Sunday. The total eclipse begins at 7:11 pm and ends at 8:24 pm (Pacific Time). As long as a person has an unobstructed view of the eastern horizon, they should see it.

eclipse-moon-9-27-28-2015-shadowandsubstance1.png

I'll be on the Fantasy this Sunday for the eclipse. Any idea where is the best place to view it on the ship? I was thinking forward decks 8 and 11 or Serenity Deck. Thanks very much in advance.

Tanya :cool:

I would think any of the top decks would be good. Anywhere with unobstructed views, I would stay away from Lido, too much lighting. But if you go up a couple decks, like where the mini golf is, or up by the funnel (not sure what deck) it's just open space up there and should be great to view from!

As you can see in the graphic below, on the West Coast, the moon will be partially eclipsed at moonrise and will become totally eclipsed shortly after. In Los Angeles for example, the moon rises at 6:39 pm on Sunday. The total eclipse begins at 7:11 pm and ends at 8:24 pm (Pacific Time). As long as a person has an unobstructed view of the eastern horizon, they should see it.

eclipse-moon-9-27-28-2015-shadowandsubstance1.png

Thanks for the correction!

I should add that the Miracle will be traveling South along the coast of Baja California at this time, so you'll want to find a spot with a view off the port side of the ship. Any port side balcony should work, but for a better view, head up to Deck 10 or 11.