Traveling from the dockyard

glendalemom

I think Coral Beach is next to Elbow Beach. If I was going there I would take the Ferry to Hamilton and a bus to Coral. Cost would depend on if you use tokens, buy a translation pass or coin.

Thanks, do you know where I can get info on costs? Since we will be docked for three days I'm sure we will use transportation (ferry/buses) at least two of those days.

I would take the ferry to Hamilton and the a bus to Coral Beach. That's probably the fastest way.

I did a similar route to go to Elbow Beach in June and they're near each other. I had 2-day unlimited transportation pass, so the costs were rolled up in to that. You could also do Ferry then a cab from there to the beach.

ETA: There's a transportation info desk in the little building when you first leave the ship. You can get passes and information there. There's also one in Hamilton as soon you get off the ferry

Edited by Bonobochick
transportation info

I would take the ferry to Hamilton and the a bus to Coral Beach. That's probably the fastest way.

I did a similar route to go to Elbow Beach in June and they're near each other. I had 2-day unlimited transportation pass, so the costs were rolled up in to that. You could also do Ferry then a cab from there to the beach.

I asked because someone said you could take a bus at the dockyard (I think #7) and that it takes about 50 minutes to the Coral Beach/Elbow Beach area??

I asked because someone said you could take a bus at the dockyard (I think #7) and that it takes about 50 minutes to the Coral Beach/Elbow Beach area??

I mean, you can, but that's a long way to go on the bus. Now if you were going to Horseshoe from the dockyard, that would be the best way. But Coral Beach sits closer to Hamilton. The main bus depot in Hamilton is like 3 blocks from the Ferry Terminal

There's a good map re: transportation here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38515184&postcount=14

I mean, you can, but that's a long way to go on the bus. Now if you were going to Horseshoe from the dockyard, that would be the best way. But Coral Beach sits closer to Hamilton. The main bus depot in Hamilton is like 3 blocks from the Ferry Terminal

There's a good map re: transportation here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38515184&postcount=14

Thank you so much you've been very helpful. We will do the ferry/bus to Coral and the next day we are planning to do Horseshoe Bay so will take the direct bus.