Royal Palms Resort Ft. Lauderdale ??

Ptown

I just got the Royal Palms Resort & Spa (Ft. Lauderdale Beach) using hot rates on Hotwire. Nice location but I have 2 problems. The hotel was listed on Hotwire as a $345 a night hotel discounted to $163. This is for 1/21/16 - 1/23/16. When I go to thier website it list the rooms at $214 per nite. I also see that it is a primarily gay resort! :eek: I have no problem with people's lifestyle choice but am sure that my wife and I would not be "comfortable" staying there. Go to trip advisor and look at the picture gallery and you will see what I mean. :D It appears that the hotel is trying to be more "family friendly" though I do not know to what extent.

I called Hotwire and am disputing my charge on both of the above mentioned areas. So far, I am not getting far with them. :mad:

Has anyone stayed there in the last year and if so what was your experience.

Like I said, I AM NOT anti-gay. I just think that Hotwire should have listed that under the ammenities or somewhere.

Thanks,

Dave

I just got the Royal Palms Resort & Spa (Ft. Lauderdale Beach) using hot rates on Hotwire. Nice location but I have 2 problems. The hotel was listed on Hotwire as a $345 a night hotel discounted to $163. This is for 1/21/16 - 1/23/16. When I go to thier website it list the rooms at $214 per nite. I also see that it is a primarily gay resort! :eek: I have no problem with people's lifestyle choice but am sure that my wife and I would not be "comfortable" staying there. Go to trip advisor and look at the picture gallery and you will see what I mean. :D It appears that the hotel is trying to be more "family friendly" though I do not know to what extent.

I called Hotwire and am disputing my charge on both of the above mentioned areas. So far, I am not getting far with them. :mad:

Has anyone stayed there in the last year and if so what was your experience.

Like I said, I AM NOT anti-gay. I just think that Hotwire should have listed that under the ammenities or somewhere.

Thanks,

Dave

Hey Dave, while I'm the most gay proud hetero on the planet (I spend a lot of time in Wilton Manors, my sister is gay, married neice and nephew both are gay, both of my BFFs are gay, tons of gay friends, I've marched in multiple gay pride parades), I would not want to spend a weekend at a gay men's resort.

Many times they are nude resorts.

My suggestion to you is to call the hotel and talk with them. Then call hotwire and ask for a different hotel.

This has nothing to do with being gay and everything ot do with not seeing a bunch of naked men.

Most of the gay resorts down here are nude resorts.

Edited by BlueHerons

Thanks BlueHerons. I have always appreciated your opnion.

I am not having much luck with Hotwire. The first person would not even transfer me to her supervisor. The second lady had me on hold for 20 minutes while she spoke with someone. They are suppose to send me an email in 7-10 days with their determination. I have always had good luck with Hotwire but this has me completely turned of on them.

Hopefully someone will post that they have stayed there in the last year and the hotel is now "family friendly". :)

Thanks again,

Dave