Free arcade?

Gabling

Hello! We are booked on Anthem Oct 29th, 2016 and I was just looking thru some of the Anthem's Daily Planners. I noticed one of them listed an activity titled "Teens Only Free Arcade. Challengers Arcade Deck 15" from 10pm - 11pm.

Is this activity really an open arcade for teens that's FREE for the hour? I've never seen an open arcade on our cruises but maybe this is an Anthem 'thing'? If it's true - my 14yr old son would LOVE it! :D

Thank you!

Glen

Just some advice.

The arcade is operated without money and you "pay" for your goes on the machines by using your wow band. Because most younger children have no concept of money and just waving your wrist over a sensor and playing, makes it so easy to spend a fortune. Most games are over £1 to play. I saw children aged around 8-10 just wave their wow band and go, "thats not for me" walk away from said machine and go play on another.

You used to be able to go buy a hand full of tokens and tell the children, when that runs out, thats it for the day. Using Wow bands you don't get that limit or restriction on them.

So just be aware of this.

Yes SausPud is right my DD said one kid she knew on our last cruise racked up over $500 in arcade charges, His parents where mad. I have seen parents red in the face with kids in tow at guest services before on the last night I always think "the arcade strikes again."

I don't understand why people don't check their bill at least once a day its so easy.

Yes there was a free arcade hour. My DD said it was packed but I am sure every sailing is different. Its not a big place but it does have a soda vending machine....that's not included on any soda package FYI.