latitude point correction - how long?

Starflyr3

NCL has my latitude accounts all messed up.

I emailed them 4/1 the first time, then in July, a rep emailed them "priority" for me.

How long has it taken people to get accounts/points consolidated?

At this point, Im hoping its before March!

There is no accurate answer. It appears they have just one monkey in a cage with a manual typewriter banging out memos regarding latitudes accounts.

However you can't really complain since NCL has not yet added a service charge for dealing with them, for your convenience of course.

Took me less than 2 weeks. Time for another email and do remember to mention this is your third attempt

Also thank them in advance for their prompt attention to this matter and mention you eagerly await their email resolving this matter and give them phone numbers to call should they have any questions

That usually works for me......basically ball in their court but if you need to escalate it....you have documentation

And an email of this sort shows you are on top of things and expect results and rightly so

A 2 line email rarely works.....you basically need to send a letter type email( which you may have originally done but I have no way to know that) that can't be ignored even though they may not want to read it they will have to figure it's important enough that they SHOULD read it and resolve it

Too many people these days send emails as though they were tweeting....and just don't provide solid info to get the job done on the receiving end

Similar to cc posts lol.....not saying your post is bad but honestly how many times to we have to go 20 plus posts before an op actually posts all the needed info!!!!! Lol

Also....fwiw....your original inquiry was probably just lost in the shuffle at ncl with all the changes there and we most certainly know their IT dept is a bunch of incompetents that can't accurately update anything.....from a 12 day BA cruise to 14 days....to an in cabin video stating the Bermuda all aboard is 5 pm when it was changed to 3 pm weeks prior

Sent from my iPad using Forums

At this point, Im hoping its before March!
They will certainly respond before March, but if all else fails, bring your documentation on board and the future cruise consultant can fix your status manually for that cruise. It's not ideal, but for people in this sort of situation who don't hear back from Latitudes clerical in time for their cruise, all is not lost, they can still get the perks they have earned.

This was the original email sent 4/1:

Subject: latitudes accounts #xxxxxxxxx and #xxxxxxxxxx

Hi! My name is "Starflyr3".

I called and spoke with the Latitudes desk today and was told that I have the above 2 latitudes accounts. I would appreciate if they could be merged.

Also,

There is one voyage that I was on that has not been linked to either account. It was on the S/S Norway 6/2/2002 (my honeymoon, with my husband, DHName, Lat#: XXXXXXXXX). The reservation number for that voyage was: XXXXXXXXX. The rep I spoke to earlier informed me that it was "in the archives" and unaccessible to her. Is there any way that those points can be applied to my Latitudes account?

I just booked another cruise for next 3/16 and would very much appreciate having all of this in order asap!

Thanks!

"Starflyr3"

I think that was enough information for them to process it. wasnt it?

I dont know exactly what the rep sent, but she included all information and sent it "priority"

Edited by Starflyr3

Don't give up!

It took me almost a year to get the points applied. I had two cruises that I booked more than 9 months out (extra points) and their offer per the newsletter was additional extra points for each cruise I took.

I sent all the information - including a copy of the newsletter - and was denied twice. I didn't give up since I knew I was entitled to the extra points.

Finally I received an email and my account was updated. Be persistent if you know you're right. And be patient since it took me close to 12 months.

It took me almost a year to get the points applied. I had two cruises that I booked more than 9 months out (extra points) and their offer per the newsletter was additional extra points for each cruise I took.

I should clarify what I said above about the Latitudes desk on board being able to fix everything (temporarily). I was only talking about the basic points for number of days cruised, if those points are missing from your account and you can provide documentation of your past cruises. Extra points for early booking and Insider offers, there's not really any documentation you can show on board to prove that you were entitled to those (and who wants to deal with that during their cruise?), and I don't know if they will take your word for it and just double/triple your points. That really needs to be sorted out directly with Latitudes.

• 3 months later...

"How long has it taken people to get accounts/points consolidated? "

I can tell you how long it has taken me. I emailed them 2 years ago and got no response, then I emailed them again a few months ago and again nothing. I then again emailed a lady who took care of someone else who got her account straighten out, but I still got not response. So I doubt at this point I will ever get any help getting points added for my past cruise.

I started a thread yesterday noting that according to the Latitudes monthly email I just received that effective 2/1/16, they will only reconcile points from cruises within the past 12 months. Thankfully, my account is correct, but if it wasn't I would certainly be getting on the record about it before the Feb deadline.

Good Luck!