Celebrity 1st timers cabin questions please???

portcbob

Hi fellow Celebrity cruisers.

Looking at booking a 1c Balcony Midships verandah stateroom on the Eclipse for the 14 nighter in the Caribbean from Miami.

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a great cabin on Vista Deck 8 around Midships and if anyone can recommend if it is better to be on the portside or starboard side of the ship in relation to entering ports on this particular cruise.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers Bob.

Hi fellow Celebrity cruisers.

Looking at booking a 1c Balcony Midships verandah stateroom on the Eclipse for the 14 nighter in the Caribbean from Miami.

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a great cabin on Vista Deck 8 around Midships and if anyone can recommend if it is better to be on the portside or starboard side of the ship in relation to entering ports on this particular cruise.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers Bob.

Check the S Class Spreahsheet for cabin info, you can sort/filter by deck.

Regarding port/starboard: you can never be sure which way you will be docked etc.

You should check the route and think about the sun... that way you have influence on the time and amount of sun you might get.

Hi Bob

Since only one other has responded I figured I'd put in my 2 cents and bump your question back to the top as well.

First, I have been on the 2 week Eclipse Caribbean cruise and it's a great itinerary.

We did not stay on deck 8 but I would like to share a strategy I use when picking a cabin.

Many of us like to book on a deck with cabins above and below us for less noise. I extend that rule to include across the hall. Cruise ships have lots of things going on that I would not like to be across the hall from (ie freight elevators, crew work areas etc). These areas are not shown on deck plans….they are just part of the blank white space.

Looking at the deck plan I would suggest picking a cabin with inside rooms across the hall from you. The deck plan shows that the doors of these inside rooms on deck 8 open to the starboard hallway so I would pick a room on the port side around 8301 to 8311 or 8205 to 8215. That way there is a room across from you but you would never even know that because it’s just the wall of the inside cabin.

With these picks you would be completely surrounded by other cabins and not have to deal with any crew work areas across the hall from you.

Before booking I also verify with a Celebrity phone Rep that the cabin view is 100% “unobstructed”. They will tell you that.

I agree that being on the port or starboard side makes no difference.

Enjoy your cruise.

You have answered your own question!! Deck 8 midship is perfect! All of the cabins on S class ships are identical up to suites, so no one cabin is better than any other on the inside. The only obstructed cabins are 2Ds and 2Cs on Deck 6. We find the ideal cabin to be on the flat part of the 'hump' at midship. Great views forward and aft (you don't get that if your cabin is on the 'indented' part) and close to the elevators for easy access to the entire ship.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018

This is the link to the spread sheet full of cabin info on the S-Class ships.

If at all possible try and get one of the cabins on the slant/angle of the hump.

They have a bigger balcony. We were on deck 8 last yr, deck 9 in 2013.

Edited by wallie5446

Our personal choice is to be on the starboard side just in case there are a lot of smokers. The smoking areas on deck 5 and on the pool deck are on the port side. As the others have said, you never know what side of the ship will be facing the dock once you are docked but things like sailing out of San Juan, the starboard side gets a nice view of the fort/castle. Honestly, the best cabins are the ones on the ship.......

Our personal choice is to be on the starboard side just in case there are a lot of smokers. The smoking areas on deck 5 and on the pool deck are on the port side. As the others have said, you never know what side of the ship will be facing the dock once you are docked but things like sailing out of San Juan, the starboard side gets a nice view of the fort/castle. Honestly, the best cabins are the ones on the ship.......

I second this. Most people report that the smoke is not an issue however, I would be extremely upset if I was unable to use my balcony due to smoke drifting up from deck 5. Nobody's fault of course, so I just do my best to avoid it altogether. For that reason, I always book starboard. If smoke is not an issue for you then it is true, any unobstructed cabin is a good cabin, especially on the Eclipse! One of our favourite cruises ever, and we haven't had a bad one yet!! Enjoy!!