Live on Carnival Elation 09-24-2015

deeron51

Yes definitely having fun! This cruise is my birthday gift to my sister! And, lol, she had an icecream cone earlier! The weather was gloomy this morning as we had some thunder, lightning and rain! But we sailed right through to sunshine. Tomorrow is our only port of call which is Cozumel. Hearing weather might not be the best but we will make the best of it!!! Better than being at work!!

It is very gloomy here in Cozumel this morning. They cleared us to get off **** at 7:30 but still so many people still on board at 8:45. We have reservations at Mr Sanchos but havent decided if going yet. There is up to a 70% chance of rain all day today.

It is very gloomy here in Cozumel this morning. They cleared us to get off **** at 7:30 but still so many people still on board at 8:45. We have reservations at Mr Sanchos but havent decided if going yet. There is up to a 70% chance of rain all day today.

Did you pay your deposit? If I'm not mistaken , as long as the ship docks on time they will charge your credit card the balance if you didn't cancel 14 days ahead of time. We love Mr Sanchos. I think if there were no lightning I'd give it a shot. Good luck to what ever you choose.

Edited by Podna's

Boarding on Monday! Also seeing on the news the weather will probably be rough. Will be bringing the travel dominos!

Have they transitioned to the American Table yet? I don't mind either way, just wondering, looking forward to trying it.

Also - have they started the live music/steel drum music on the Lido, too?

Edited by Sundsgn

No American Table and no steel drums!! Beautiful weather today!! We did not go to Mr Sanchos. Heaviest rain I have seen in a long time so it would have been miserable I think. Will see what happens regarding balance. There was thunder and lightning earlier in the morning so maybe they will just bd happy keeping the deposit only!

You won't have any problem with Mr. Sanchos. Just email them when you get home. We had the exact same thing happen (docked on a rainy day and decided not to go) and after we emailed them we received a credit of the $5 deposit about a week later.

Edited by Stacy1436

Thanks for the advice about mr sanchos. Will definitely email them tomorrow.

We didn't order anything from the "extra $20" part of the menu. We always found something we liked on the regular menu. In fact the whole next to us paid the $20 for surf and turf and seemed disapponted with the lobster. They were eye-ing the potroast at our table.

Elation does not have the seaside theater nor a smaller water area for younger kids.

In summary this was the smallest ship I've been on with some lousy weather but we had a really good time!! Tried faster to the fun and also your time dining.