Chakanaab vs. Nachi Cocum

5kidsandadog

We are trying to decide which of these two places will be a better fit for our family. We are cruising in November on NOS. I have trouble walking long distances and standing for long periods of time. My family is all grown so I'm not worried about keeping little ones entertained. Can my one give me some insight? I have researched both places but I can't tell what the walk will be like for either one. thank you!

There are some pool chairs and beach chairs very near the entrance where you pay your balance at Nachi. Chank is a lot more spread out and will likely require much more walking.

That said, you are comparing two very different experiences - Chank is a marine park with animal shows/experiences, plus pool, beach and small snorkel lagoon; it tends to attract lots of families who do the dolphin encounter, etc. and then hang out at the beach/pool for a few hours. Nachi is an all-inclusive (food/drink) beach club limited to 100 guests per day; it attracts few kids and is usually quiet and relaxed.

Nachi is sort of a nice book under the palapa with a drink and some nachos sort of place. When we cruise with our 20 something daughters they prefer Mr. Sanchos - more lively atmosphere, water toys, etc. Good luck! :)