Pride Love

aflyingbuttress

Since I booked the Pride for our upcoming cruise I've noticed a lot of people seem to really love this particular ship. I'm sure every ship has passengers that sail on them again and again, but I have noticed this the most with the Pride. Of course, that could be because I'm looking for it.

But regardless, what is is that you love about the Pride? What's your favorite thing about the ship? What do you like more than other ships? If you've sailed more than once, what brings you back?

Since I booked the Pride for our upcoming cruise I've noticed a lot of people seem to really love this particular ship. I'm sure every ship has passengers that sail on them again and again, but I have noticed this the most with the Pride. Of course, that could be because I'm looking for it.

But regardless, what is is that you love about the Pride? What's your favorite thing about the ship? What do you like more than other ships? If you've sailed more than once, what brings you back?

I like its size, its not to big or to small, easy to get around, and the serenity area has a pool and hot tub which is great.

I think Pride has many repeat cruisers because of the Baltimore location. Many people within 3-4 hours driving time can easily get to the port without having airfare cost.

But, I really love this class of ship. It is narrow, but not too big and not too small. Layout is nice, it doesn't seem crowded. Next month I am going for the first time after the upgrades. We enjoy Guy's and Blue Iguana, plus the upgraded bars.

Febuary we'll be our first time on Pride. Years ago we were on her sister ship Miracle and we booked her for the next year we liked her so much. This is our first time driving to Baltimore, 10 hour drive. Getting excited!

We have a 6 hour drive. A lot better than flying! We are also getting excited. 3 weeks away!

Agree 100% with above cruisers. Like other Spirit Class ships, the design

results in overall comfort. You simply never feel crowded.

We're less than 3 hour easy drive away. So much better than flying. Overpack your luggage......nobody cares ! Nobody charges ! They take it out of your car , too ! For our upcoming cruise, choosing Pride for the 3rd or 4th

time (can't remember) vs. Florida saves $ 1,250 in airfare as well.

Last observation: For whatever reason, the Pride crew seem to love their jobs and it shows. Carnival has been good in this regard, but Pride is the best.

I haven't even been on the ship yet and already disappointed to hear it's moving to Tampa. Will another ship take its place?

I could be wrong, but I think it is just repositioning for the winter. At least I hope. :eek:

I know she repos from Balto. to Tampa Jan 2 2017 and leaves Tampa, Feb. 26, after doing a 14 day cruise. This would be a great cruise back to here.:D

Ok, I see someone answered as I was typing.

Edited by retiredgram

Just came off the Pride for the 3rd time 3 wks. ago, and will sail on the Pride again for the fourth time in Feb. 2016., yippee!!! We like that we can drive to the port, plus the port is very organized when boarding, etc. We like the size of the Pride, the crew, the food, etc. We've been cruising since the late 80's, and been on most cruise lines. Funny thing is, we would never have tried Carnival if it wasn't for a recommendation from SIL. We tried the Legend, and since then we've been on all the Carnival Spirit-class ships, which include the Pride. Although cruising has changed a lot since we started cruising, we just go with the flow, and always enjoy the Pride. Have a great cruise!!

Well the biggest thing I like about Pride is she is the ship for my next TWO cruises!!:D:p Also, we sailed her sister ship Miracle a few years ago and LOVED every minute of it. Having been on the Conquest this past January we really enjoyed Guys Burgers and Blue Iguana Cantina so we are looking forward to those again, Something the Conquest didn't have is the Red Frog Pub that Pride got during her upgrades. Super excited to try the pub for snacks, drinks and entertainment!! Pride being just over 2 hours from my front door is pretty cool too.

Like all of our previous cruises, We had a wonderful cruise on the Pride this spring. However, I don't really understand why the rave reviews. I believe that a lot of the positive reviews are from people that only sail the east coast due to convenience, and I can't imagine that anyone would drive out of their way to sail this ship. I have not sailed any other ship that leaves from the east coast, but maybe it's the best one out of those, hence the good reviews. If you're comparing it to the other ships out of Florida, it's very below average in our opinion.

The new lido deck pool area is pretty, and it didn't feel crowded. But other than that we found it very underwhelming in every way. The extreme listing, vibration, general ugliness of the decor, not good food, terrible Anytime dining service, lots of things out of I working order such as bathrooms, hour long line each night for anytime dining, rougher seas in the Atlantic; lack of chairs for the dive in movie, etc etc etc. we would definitely not go out of our way to sail again other than if it was extremely convenient. There are definitely no bells and whistles on this ship. But if you're just looking for peace and quiet you will have a good time as we did. It was just absolutely nothing special. Especially since it is NOT a cheap ship to sail.

Edited by jetta8300

We have been on it 4 times when we have driven down from NJ. The layout is easy and great, no issues getting around, 2 main pools plus another in Serenity give so many sun options so easy to get chairs. The 2.0 upgrades were great, dont have to go into Lido buffet ever if you dont want to adn Band in Red Frog and comedians are very good.

The price is also right and its so easy getting on the ship and parking at terminal

We would go again if price and ports were right

We have been on 25 cruises on all 3 major lines and this is one of our fav ships