Gift Bag

phabric

Lanyard (even with group name)

This brings up another area for gifts. Although you aren't sailing on Princess I'm going to give you an example of what we do and maybe it is available on your cruise line. If we contact Princess in advance we can set up a private party for just our group. It is paid for in advance and is a one hour party. We do it every group cruise and have for many years. It is very fun.

I order group t-shirts. The only two times everyone has to wear them is boarding (for the picture) and at the party (for the picture :D ). On Princess they block off a public area .... this the reference to the group name... and we have a bartender and server and all you can drink for an hour. They put up a sign "reserved for Not entirely normal group". You could arrange this and have a coupon placed in the bag ... this coupon is valid for one party at 6:00 in the so and so lounge on the so and so ship.

The reference to the group name is how I came up with my log in name. We had a private party arranged but needed a name for the sign. I was talking to some of the people going and said that I needed a group name to put on the sign, any suggestions? Later I was talking about my brother and said, the guy is not entirely normal. My friend jumps up and down yelling, that's it. That is the name of our group. It has gone downhill from there.

I did this for my mom for her first cruise with me last year over Thanksgiving. I included a battery operated votive candle, a blinged out lanyard, a magnet clip, some ginger candies, and towel clips. I also brought a dry erase board and decorations which I snuck onto her door while she was initially unpacking. I had so much fun doing it and she loved it!!

The Gift Bag is a very nice idea....something that I would also probably do. ;)

Instead of bringing / packing all the supplies needed with me for something like that....and possibly duplicating some items, etc., so I went another route. I decided to order Chocolate Dipped Strawberries and have them waiting for them in their 3 cabins! :D Along with the strawberries, there was a printed card with them wishing them all a wonderful cruise signed from us. I ordered it all on line....nothing to pack!

It was very easy.....and relatively inexpensive (less than $10 ....although the price has gone up a little since then) and they all greatly appreciated the thought and loved the strawberries! :D

Edited by San10s

so I went another route. I decided to order Chocolate Dipped Strawberries and have them waiting for them in their 3 cabins! :D Along with the strawberries, there was a printed card with them wishing them all a wonderful cruise signed from us. I ordered it all on line....nothing to pack! :D

Unfortunately now they leave you a card for you to call when you want it. A few years ago I ordered the Princess teddy bears. Instead of the bear there was a card in the room and they were told to go to the store when it opened and redeem the card. Loses a lot when you try to give a 3 YO a present.

I too am putting together gift bags for our upcoming Eastern Caribbean family celebration cruise. Both our adult kids, their partners, and another couple are joining us. At the Dollar Store, I got some of the small plastic type gift bags. Into these bags I am putting: a couple chap sticks, battery operated votive lights, small flat magnetic flashlights, ginger candy, pop up hampers, a Witz waterproof case, a couple magnetic clips, a couple hi-liters, some clothes pins, and whatever else I can find in the next few weeks.

The pop up hampers are so much easier than having to open up a suitcase for dirty clothes. Upon unpacking, I stick all suitcases under the bed, pop open the hamper and stick it in a corner in the closet. I detest the thought of dirty clothes "marinating" inside a suitcase for a week or more. On the night before disembarkation, I simply neatly fold and put all dirty clothes inside a plastic bag and then put that inside the suitcase. The hamper gets folded back down and packed away for next cruise.

The Witz water proof cases were the priciest item in the bags, but will be great for swimming or any other activity we may engage in in port.

Into these bags I am putting: a couple chap sticks, battery operated votive lights, small flat magnetic flashlights, ginger candy, pop up hampers, a Witz waterproof case, a couple magnetic clips, a couple hi-liters, some clothes pins, and whatever else I can find in the next few weeks.

I do stockings for Christmas for both adults and kids every year. I was amazed at how many loved their chap stick. It has been a staple ever since. Who knew?

We just went to a wedding on the Cape and this is what was in our gift bags: Bottled water, sample sizes of ibuprofen, pepto-bismol, sunscreen, hand lotion, cape cod chips, saltwater taffy. All things that will come in handy are your best choices.