Magic or Sunshine

dragonclaw74

Ok, I am going on the Breeze in January, but I am going to take advantage of the reduced deposits and book for 2017 but I am stumped. I wanted the Vista but it is over $600 higher that my other choices, so I need some opinions on my other two choices.

Choice #1- 7 Day Magic - Amber Cove, St Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk, and two seas days

Choice #2- 8 Day Sunshine - Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Kitts, St. Marteen, and three sea days

Thanks

Easy choice Magic is the 2nd newest ship , Sunshine is a refurbished 25 year old small ship . Magic hands down

I've sailed all three. If I'm honest, I'd sail the Sunshine over the Magic again. I know people either love her or hate her, but I'm in the "love" category. Really enjoyed the Havana cafe/bar area, the Alchemy bar & Guys, among other things. The only thing I did miss, however on the Sunshine was the outdoor promenade. I'd sail the Magic again too, but just preferred the Sunshine!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Easy choice Magic is the 2nd newest ship , Sunshine is a refurbished 25 year old small ship . Magic hands down

Hands down? I don't think so.

Both are nice choices and having been on the Sunshine I wasn't dissatisfied with it at all. Of course I didn't preoccupy my every thought with it being refurbished.

You're going on the Breeze in January. I would therefore choose the Sunshine. We sailed the Sunshine last month and have that exact itinerary booked for the Magic next year. An extra sea day is a bonus.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Ok, I am going on the Breeze in January, but I am going to take advantage of the reduced deposits and book for 2017 but I am stumped. I wanted the Vista but it is over $600 higher that my other choices, so I need some opinions on my other two choices.

Choice #1- 7 Day Magic - Amber Cove, St Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk, and two seas days

Choice #2- 8 Day Sunshine - Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Kitts, St. Marteen, and three sea days

Thanks

I prefer magic. They increased the number of staterooms on Sunshine by taking away space from the public areas like the comedy club and theaters. Since night time entertainment is important to me I did not care for the ship or its layout. There was never enough space in the comedy club for me to get into the show.

Thanks

If you sail for the ship, I would pick the Magic - no wait, the VISTA and the heck with the additional bucks..

If you sail for itinerary, I would go with the extra day and the Sunshine. I wouldn't want to waste a day at Amber Cove pitiful shopping mall in the 1st itinerary.

Thank you all so much for the help. I hope that I am not making a mistake, especially seeing a lot of support for the Sunshine and its itinerary, but I chose the Magic.

It all came down to a little extra perk. My family informed me that if I went for the 7 day then I would be able to swing a couple extra days in Orlando. Those extra two days will be my 2016 Christmas gift from them. Two nights at the Loews Hard Rock and tickets to the Universal theme parks. That was kind of hard to pass up.

Thank you all so much for the help. I hope that I am not making a mistake, especially seeing a lot of support for the Sunshine and its itinerary, but I chose the Magic.

It all came down to a little extra perk. My family informed me that if I went for the 7 day then I would be able to swing a couple extra days in Orlando. Those extra two days will be my 2016 Christmas gift from them. Two nights at the Loews Hard Rock and tickets to the Universal theme parks. That was kind of hard to pass up.

She will get all (or most) 2.0 features early next year, so you can't go wrong!