Glory Formal Nights

Jandtsmommy3112

• 2 weeks later...
The formal nights are Monday, the first sea day and Thursday, Grand Turk.

Hardly formal. They go by "elegant" and even that is stretching it. No tuxes, some suits, some sport coats for men. Ladies dressed "nice." Lots of full back and shoulder tattoos on display. I saw one guy turned away for showing up in shorts. That's pretty much the standard as I witnessed on our Sep 26th cruise.

Hardly formal. They go by "elegant" and even that is stretching it. No tuxes' date=' some suits, some sport coats for men. Ladies dressed "nice." Lots of full back and shoulder tattoos on display. I saw one guy turned away for showing up in shorts. That's pretty much the standard as I witnessed on our Sep 26th cruise.[/quote']

The above is so very true!

I saw a couple in the dining room in shorts and Tshirts on elegant night.

No need for as suit if you don't want to bring one. A nice shirt and pants and you won't feel under dressed (or over dressed really)

Hardly formal. They go by "elegant" and even that is stretching it. No tuxes' date=' some suits, some sport coats for men. Ladies dressed "nice." Lots of full back and shoulder tattoos on display. I saw one guy turned away for showing up in shorts. That's pretty much the standard as I witnessed on our Sep 26th cruise.[/quote']

That may have been my group. Poor guy had ripped his only pair of pants. He ended up getting room service by himself. :(

We were on the Glory last week.

Once upon a time the Capt celebration was a worthwhile event.

Last week they had it only at 7 30.

After early dinner we walked thru the promenade and saw a line of about 50 people waiting to take a picture with the capt and a similar line for CD.

Promenade was mobbed with this and wall to wall photographers.

Hubby and I looked at each other and said we are out of here.

Why get dressed up to take part in this?