Grandeur Announcement

truffles2

LuvMyBasset, are you in a suite? As I understand it suites get $100pp and others get $50pp ($100 per stateroom).

Still trying to get my 15 people rebooked on Legend. Finding enough cabins of the right category is proving to be a real challenge. I got to keep my JS, but lost my aft balcony :(, and we're still trying to find a triple inside. Still hoping that we'll work it out. The offer seems fair, although we may still have to bail if we can't accommodate our group.

We switched over to the Legend - 12/3 as well. So far, I am very happy with the way thing's are going. This will be our first cruise and I was beginning to think it was going to be our last with the way thing's were going. We had to change our air transportation, though Delta did not waive the $50 change fee....with all said and done...we still ended up with a $14 credit per person.

We will probably cancel as there were reasons for going out of New Orleans. Tampa does not have the Jazz and the party area that we were going for. We had 2 days booked before the cruise and 2 days after. I'm glad they made a decision so know I can get with everyone and see what or where they want to go.

We (party of nine) were booked on Grandeur next March. I got a call from an RCI rep last night but didn't have time to talk ...

We want to go a certain week (spring break) and are pondering whether we should do the back-to-back out of Tampa, or go on a seven-day Vision class.

But, to be honest, it sounds like a pretty good deal. I wonder if it would have made any difference if they had moved to Tampa and still had seven-day cruises ... if they would have just told us "hey, we moved, you have to deal with it." i wonder if making the cruises four or five days caused them to have to come up with this (apparently) sweet deal.

Well, it looks like we're driving to Galveston and boarding the Rhapsody on Dec 11.

The itinerary's a little different, but, other than the longer drive, I think everything will be fine and fun. DH is a little worried about the interstate going south; the condition of it after the hurricanes.

If anyone knows how I-10 is, please let us know.

Shay

Well, it looks like we're driving to Galveston and boarding the Rhapsody on Dec 11.

The itinerary's a little different, but, other than the longer drive, I think everything will be fine and fun. DH is a little worried about the interstate going south; the condition of it after the hurricanes.

If anyone knows how I-10 is, please let us know.

Shay

If you're worried about I-10, take I-40 to I-30 in Little Rock. Take I-30 to U.S. 59 at Texarkana and go south on U.S. 59 to Houston.

We are all in junior suites and we were told we only get $100 per stateroom after we switched from Grandeur to Legend on Jan. 07. Do JS qualify for $200 per room? I have gotten the run around from RCCL. We had used our Crown and Anchor coupons for $50 off any stateroom that we booked and now they are refusing to honor it since we switched cruises. They finally told me they would look into it and decide. I'm tired of messing with this mess. We were forced to change, it was not by choice.

we switched to another seven day, got 100 bucks per stateroom credit, 200 for the junior suite. they honored our crown and anchor coupon that we used for grandeur. we switched to rhapsody, same week in march. we have four rooms ... three inside staterooms, one JS. so a total of 500 shipboard credit, rooms translated to same price.

My travel agent called yesterday and we are getting $200 per stateroom because we have junior suites. We were on the Jan. 07 sailing of GOS from NO, switched to the LOS out of Tampa, same date, got 7 JS. We are still waiting to hear about our Crown and Anchor coupons we used for the Grandeur. Our TA is resubmitting them, there is no reason they would not accept them. We are pretty happy, but would have loved to give NO our business, love that city. Maybe in the future. Everyone have fun!!

But, to be honest, it sounds like a pretty good deal. I wonder if it would have made any difference if they had moved to Tampa and still had seven-day cruises ... if they would have just told us "hey, we moved, you have to deal with it." i wonder if making the cruises four or five days caused them to have to come up with this (apparently) sweet deal.

I think the change in sailing length had everything to do with getting the good deal. We are on the November 20th repositioning sailing and were not offered any compensation for the change in debarkation port (not that I thought we needed it).

LuvMyBasset, are you in a suite? As I understand it suites get $100pp and others get $50pp ($100 per stateroom).

Still trying to get my 15 people rebooked on Legend. Finding enough cabins of the right category is proving to be a real challenge. I got to keep my JS, but lost my aft balcony :(, and we're still trying to find a triple inside. Still hoping that we'll work it out. The offer seems fair, although we may still have to bail if we can't accommodate our group.

IMNiles, no we actually have an inside cabin in the lowest category...although I think we got bumped up one category when we swapped. Still an inside, but now a category M instead of N. I honestly don't know why they gave us the $100 per person. We're still trying to figure that one out, and maybe my TA just misunderstood. But she triple-verified that it was per-person, so I hope she was right. I'll be happy either way--I'll be on a cruise. I'm hoping for the per person for extra pictures. :)

Archived