Duty free spirits at Portside, Brisbane

Haven't been at Portside for a while, but remember a bottle shop in the retail/restaurant strip. Are you able to buy duty free spirits there and collect upon your return?

Other option is to buy on board (Sun Princess), which I suspect is the case.

Does anyone know if our favorite single malt (Jameson) is stocked on the ship?

Thanks for your help.

Does anyone know if our favorite single malt (Jameson) is stocked on the ship?

Thanks for your help.

Jamesons Blended Irish Whiskey (not Single Malt) has been available on all 5 cruises I have been on and has been the same price as regular blended scotches like JW Red.

Lester

Well that certainly didn't answer the original question about buying duty free from OPT and collecting it on return, which is a question I have also.

Glad you sorted out about Jameson's *grin*

There a a wine/spirit store at Portside, but I doubt it's duty-free. The cruise ships would be most upset if we could buy our take-home litres this way.

One of the benefits of an overseas embarkation port is the convenience of buying before you go and collecting on return.(You can also buy and collect on arrival back home)

The booze shop at Portside is quite small. Unfortunately I don't know about the duty free side of things. Somebody here must?? :) That whole Portside area is quite "yuppified" - my son complains about the price of apartments in the Docklands area of London - I have told him that they are positively cheap compared to the units at Hamilton Portside :) I suspect that the booze prices in that little local shop may be a little "high" ??

We have not long come off the Pacific Jewel and there duty free is a lot cheaper than Princess. Were on the Sun Princess in June and the Jameson 1lt was $45.99 and 2 for $79.99.

P&O Jameson was $30.99 per LT.

I bought both price lists home so I can compare on the next cruise in November.

Villa is a lot cheaper than the ships but both have a price match guarantee. Taking a photo of the prices in Villa is all the ship requires as evidence.

Edited by prerel