2 options for car rental - questions

finzup-kt

I'm flying into Orlando and driving to Miami for the cruise (spending a few days in Universal)

So, the way I figure it, I can return the car to POM or to MIA but I'm not sure which is best , or if I am even understanding the options correctly :)

option 1: drop off rental car at MIA airport and then get a free shuttle to POM (which companies will give me a free shuttle from MIA to port? )

or

b) drop off rental car at POM (which companies are located there?) and if we do this, is there a shuttle from the car rental location to the boat?

thank you!

PS I prefer National for ease of rental (love the emerald aisle) and I think National has a shuttle from MIA to POM? I'm willing to book another vendor if it makes the experience easier though!

I don't know the answer to your question, but I wanted to add that you should price out each option before you decide. I've found significant differences in pricing when I change either pick-up or drop-off locations.

The port location is closer however most of them do not shuttle for free to the port for some odd reason. The miami airport has free shuttle for several but not all companies. What I did was look at prices for both options then call the company directly to see about the shuttle. Hope that helps! The port of miami downtown locations are about 1 mile from the port and one company told me to get an Uber to the port as it would be cheaper.

There are no rental car companies located directly at the Port Of Miami. If you rent a vehicle from either Alamo, National, Dollar, Thifty, or Enterprise you drop off the rental vehicle at the large Rental Car Center which is located directly across from Miami International Airport. You can use the free shuttle service that the above mentioned companies provide. The shuttle takes approximately fifteen minutes to reach the Port Of Miami. If you rent a vehicle from either Hertz, Budget, or Avis they have downtown Miami locations that are relatively close to the Port Of Miami. There are conflicting reports from posters who state that the three downtown Miami rental car companies don't always provide free shuttle service. A cab from those three locations are very inexpensive. I have been renting vehicles numerous times since 1983 and usually rent from Alamo, Dollar, and Thifty.

There are no rental car companies located directly at the Port Of Miami. If you rent a vehicle from either Alamo, National, Dollar, Thifty, or Enterprise you drop off the rental vehicle at the large Rental Car Center which is located directly across from Miami International Airport. You can use the free shuttle service that the above mentioned companies provide. The shuttle takes approximately fifteen minutes to reach the Port Of Miami. If you rent a vehicle from either Hertz, Budget, or Avis they have downtown Miami locations that are relatively close to the Port Of Miami. There are conflicting reports from posters who state that the three downtown Miami rental car companies don't always provide free shuttle service. A cab from those three locations are very inexpensive. I have been renting vehicles numerous times since 1983 and usually rent from Alamo, Dollar, and Thifty.

Thank you, looks like I'll go with one of the airport drop off ones...