Cape Liberty self disembark for international passengers

penlanspice

It should be noted that on a repositioning arrival to the US from a foreign port, customs and immigration procedures can be enhanced.

While Canadians and Americans have one line, those holding other passports are given more scrutiny and delays can be common. One thing American customs seems not to do is that the separate the lines up front, which means that you go through the entire line together and then the confusion arises in the final turn where they finally separate out the Americans and Canadians for faster moving lanes. They should have separate lines form after luggage collection, but they do not seem prepared to do this.

Arriving on Quantum to Cape Liberty last year extremely many passengers chose to self disembark and they took over two hours prior to even starting with the first called numbers. Many passengers were held in a long line on the ship as the terminal restricted the amount of passengers in the terminal at any time.

When they started calling numbers, many with later numbers 'jumped' the line and disembarked early. Once getting off the ship, the procedures in the terminal were handled very well.

Cape Liberty was actually better prepared than Port Everglades or Miami.

I had arrived on Oasis just a couple weeks prior to Port Everglades and that was an absolute disaster. While Americans were out of terminal in just over 2 hours, international passengers took about 4 hours after leaving the ship.

I was on Vision from Colon in-transit at Port Everglades in 2014 as well and again it took up to 4 hours for international passengers and it took me almost 2 hours to exit just for a transit visit to Fort. Lauderdale.

RC emergency planning department have said that we will be able to disembark and this was my main concern.

I know that last year it was a new pier and extremely disorganised but reports have been good lately with no holds ups, hopefully this will be the case when we arrive.

We've always self disembarked at Fort laurerdale and miami and have never encountered any delays, always been off the ship and on our with within about 45min. Maybe we have been lucky as we self disembark

Edited by penlanspice