Glory 4J cabins

kbh2

I have booked a 4J category room on the Glory,cabin 1004. (Yes I know we can be bumped if someone needs a handicap room). When I booked the room it said the two twins converted to a king and I verified that with a Carnival Rep. All of the room details and reviews I can find say that these beds do not move together. Has anyone stayed in this cabin and if so do the beds go together or not? Also I would love to see any photos of this room and the deck if possible.

We have stayed in this cabin on the Valor and have it booked on the Liberty.

It is amazing. Loved being on a high deck. It is handy to run to the Lido for breakfast, movies....

The room is large, it is an irregular shape so no sofa but lots of storage. The beds do make into a king, no worries there.

The deck out front was great when leaving or coming into port. It is windy when sailing and isn't great for sitting out (they do have lounge chairs stacked on the deck but they were not really used) as the solid railing is high so if seated you wouldn't see anything.

There are pictures out there of this or 1003 (the same) on a web site. Google cruise ship cabin pictures and the websites would come up. The cabin would be the same on the Valor, Freedom, Liberty, conquest and others in that class.

Hope this helps!

Edited by OntarioTraveller

You are wrong. The beds DO NOT go together

On the Glory, 1004 is a very different cabin. There are two twin beds that do not go together due to the odd shape of the room.

If you go to ..... cruiselinerooms dot com you will see actual pictures of the cabin.

My personnel opinion is, if you are not handicapped, you should not be booking these cabins. They are structured for a reason...so wheel chairs can fit and bathrooms are accommodating. My mother and father stayed in this cabin and we were a couple of cabins away from them.

Edited by champagne123
My ssss

Carnival sent me this.

Conquest-Class Stateroom Descriptions - Panorama Deck 10

Stateroom Descriptions for the following ships: Carnival Conquest (CQ), Carnival Freedom (FD), Carnival Glory (GL), Carnival Liberty (LI) and Carnival Valor (VA).

Cabin 1004 4J 220 sq ft

Beds: twin/king

View:obstructed window - view to outdoor walkway

Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink

Features: TV, telephone, 110 AC current, individual climate control, hair dryer, safe, minibar, 2-closets, chair and coffee table

Note: Cabin is modified for wheelchair users.

Non-smoking

I found actual pictures of this room with the beds together so that question is answered. I don't need a speech about not booking this room and will be more than happy to move if needed, that was not the question asked. Thank all of you for your replies.

Champagne123, I am not wrong! The beds in 1003 and 1004 do make into a king. Had you actually seen this cabin or looked up pictures of these cabins??

The 4j rooms on these ships where the beds do not go together are the end 4j rooms on deck 6 and 7 (I don't know the cabin numbers offhand) The beds are actually set up head to foot and not side by side.

1004 is a great cabin, you will enjoy it. Note that the gym is right above the cabin and we occasionally heard the treadmills or weights being dropped around breakfast time. It was not bothersome though. The gym closes at 9 or 10 I think so no problem sleeping.

Edited by OntarioTraveller