Golden vs. Constellation Pres. week????

marjb36

HELP!!! I have two bookings-my hubbie and I are in our mid-forties and we have two girls ages 11 and 14. We will be travelling President's week out of San Juan. We are booked CC class adjoining balconies on the Constellation and adjoining regular balcony cabins on the Golden. We sailed our first cruise last year on Voyager and we all loved it, but I have heard that Celebrity is the way to go.When we booked (many months ago!!) Celebrity had NO regular adjoining balconies except concierge class, so the Celebrity cruise is approx. $2000 more.

Is it worth it???????? We only take one biggie vacation a year with the kids and while I am certainly not rich, we can afford the $2000 more if the cruise is really

worth it with concierge class. We like both itinerarys. HELP!!

Thank you so much. Also-does anyone know WHICH nites on both cruises are the formal nites?:confused:

I'd keep your booking on the Golden Princess. The ship will offer you more flexibility in dining times on a very port intensive cruise. That is especially helpful when traveling with children. IMHO the children's facilities and pool areas are better on the Golden than the Constellation.

CC is very nice, but the CC balcony cabin and the amenities will be lost on the children.

I'd use the $2000 for shore excursions and shopping!!

Just my two cents.

I love Celebrity, but your kids will find it boring after they've been on Voyager with the "Mall", the ice rink, climbing wall, mini golf, rollerblading, etc. etc. For my DH and I it's Celebrity, but with the teens, it's RCCL.

Archived