Southampton cruise day tours

If this is the International Friends tour/transfer, it's marginally cheaper to book via https://www.londontoolkit.com/travel/southampton_cruise_shuttles.htm

Both International Friends (the operator) and London Toolkit (booking agency) are well-established & reputable.

No personal experience, but it has been used by many CC members. Well-received, the only negative I've heard is that it can be a bit rushed if heavy traffic cuts into the schedule.

Used more by international visitors because it's a great time-saver, a combination of several major sights incorporated into a door-to-door transfer.

But if you come south of the border from time-to-time, you'd perhaps do better to spend a full day sometime in Salisbury/Stonehenge & another in Windsor - both easy during a road-trip, or by public transport from a London base.

Just MHO, as always

JB :)

Edited by John Bull

Good advice as always JB - Only quibble is that the OP is from Dundee New York, not the one in Scotland :D

Not my fault, Bob.

As you know, I don't make silly mistakes. ;)

The last part of the OP's location wasn't showing on my new computer screen, which is slightly narrower than the old one.

(Hmmm. That's not gonna wash, is it) :o

Has anyone used this tour company when disembarking the ship in Southampton. This tour goes to Salisbury, Stonehenge and Windsor castle. We will be on Navigator Of The Seas arriving May 21st.

We used International Friends for this tour in Aug 2015. WE used the londontoolkit site mentioned by John Bull.

We were met at the port after we disembarked & luggage was loaded & we were off! Busy busy day but so worth seeing these sites especially if you are not certain you will be returning to England.

I loved Salisbury Cathedral & the town is beutiful. Stonehenge was more my DH interest but the tour guide was very informative about the theory behing these stone formations.

The ride to Windsor took at least an hour & some people dosed until we arrived to this spectacular castle.

Some passengers were going to LHR & some of use directly to our various hotels. Transfers were handled efficiently. Great time but tiring. Our tour was on a saturday so the traffic flow was fine.

Has anyone used this tour company when disembarking the ship in Southampton. This tour goes to Salisbury, Stonehenge and Windsor castle. We will be on Navigator Of The Seas arriving May 21st.

We rented a car and did those sites post-cruise, but did them on two days, although we did also go to Stone Circle in Avebury as well.

I don't know how you can do justice to these sites in one day. We spent four hours in Salisbury and about six in Windsor. We probably spent about two hours in Stonehenge, but that was before they changed how you visit there.

I suppose those sites are doable in one day, if your lunch is short and you don't have to wait in queues. There was a queue in Stonehenge and Windsor.

Sorry for spelling errors in my post...too tired I guess!

I see that you posted this just one minute after your original post.

But you have about 15 to 20 minutes in which you can edit a post. :)

When you post, you'll see an "edit" button alongside the "quote" button in the bottom right-hand corner of the post. So you can click on it, sort whatever needs to be sorted, then

click "save".

Only the poster can see that "edit " box, and it will disappear when your time window for editing expires.

So you could've fixed it, and nobody would've been any the wiser ;)

Edited by John Bull