50th wedding anniversary cruise

kaylasnana

My brother and his wife are celebrating 50 years on a cruise next April and there are about 30 close friends and family going to celebrate with them. I'm trying to think of something that will unite all of us and show our excitement for them. Maybe t-shirts or something like that. I'm wondering if anyone has done something for this type of occasion and could share it.

T-shirts are common for large groups- anniversary' birthday, family reunions etc. are they interested in a vow renewal? They do a beautiful job on the ship and can include a reception after too. That would be memorable.

I would email the group events coordinator. For Breakaway the email is:GroupEventBreakaway@ncl.com

They may be able to set something up for all of you, maybe a Meet and Greet with the Captain and senior staff. You never know unless you ask.

What sailing in April?

I made lanyards for everyone and put a ship map in the name tag holder. I also created a name tag size sticker for the lanyard with the couple's photo with the title, "Smurf & Re's 50th Jubilee at Sea".

I also made a little card that listed everyone's name and cabin # in our group to put in the lanyard name tag holder. Lanyards work great for carrying your cabin card around, too!!

We requested a cake ahead of time (no charge) and it was awesome!! Once the crew got to know the anniversary couple they got special treatment and attention all week!! We went on the Dawn out of Boston - loved the smaller ship for this special occasion - there were 22 folks in our group - age 57 through 86 - very memorable trip!!

Hope you have a great time - congrats on your milestone anniversary!