rc quest

CandRcruise

Is the Royal Caribbean game the quest gay friendly? Or should I plan on skipping it?

Gay friendly, yes. RCL is gay friendly. Don't miss the quest, always one of the best part of our cruise. What ship are you sailing on?

Edited by CrusingJoe

It's a very anything goes kind of event, with cross-dressing and playful blending of sexualities.

For one of the individual activities, I found myself, as the shortest man in our group, out on the floor with the tallest man in our group "dirty dancing." We got a big laugh when I slid my leg up his (and extra points). As it turned out, he and his wife were also doing a back-to-back cruise, and we saw rather a lot of them throughout the cruises.

Grandeur in January to the Bahamas

Grandeur is a smaller ship and the Bahamas is a great cruise for relaxing. I'm sure you will find a ship that size going to the Bahamas not to have a lot of kids, therefore the passengers should be very progressive, enjoy. Just don't be bashful, what goes on, on the Grandeur stays on the Grandeur.;)

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely go to the Quest. If you don't plan to actively participate, which is fine, many are just there for the show, your rainbow colored undies probably wont be showing. My partner goes to great lengths to be the captain of our section everytime, and by the time the Quest comes around, which is usually later in the cruise, there are not too many people on the entire ship that do not know him by name and know that he is gayer than a $3 bill.

• 1 month later...
Just off the Serenade and the Quest was canceled. Bobby Brown the CD said he canceled it because the passengers to to old and on the cruise before it was not well attended. I was on both cruises, went on the first cruise and it was well attended.

Wow, that's disappointing! We were on Explorer last year in November, a 9-night cruise, and more than a third of the passengers were over 70, and yet Quest was well attended. Bigger crowd to pull from, though.

We're looking at some longer cruises on Serenade in January 2017, which would usually draw an older crowd. Might be something to think about, though I probably wouldn't discount a particular cruise just because there might be no Quest.

Edited by CntPAcruiser

Wow, that's disappointing! We were on Explorer last year in November, a 9-night cruise, and more than a third of the passengers were over 70, and yet Quest was well attended. Bigger crowd to pull from, though.

We're looking at some longer cruises on Serenade in January 2017, which would usually draw an older crowd. Might be something to think about, though I probably wouldn't discount a particular cruise just because there might be no Quest.

This was the first time in twelve cruises sailing the Serenade or any cruise we have been on that Quest was canceled. It was held in the Safari Club as always. I believe Bobby Brown was over extended and did not want to fit it in to his schedule. Royal has been taken a lot of their entertainment from other venues of the ships to build up the entertainment in the Centrum.