LOVE our Upsell Offer!

2pbears

My last two Europe cruises had upsell offers...they were both on HAL but sounds like exact same procedure. My cruise last year was booked through TA, so e-mail from HAL came to her which she forwarded to me. I did not bite, but then the second e-mail came with lower offers, unfortunately with the delay of the e-mail being forwarded we had already left for the trip so were unable to take advantage of it, which we would have done.

This year we booked a Baltic cruise kind of last minute after spotting a great deal, and since we had to pay the whole amount upfront and it was over the weekend, I just went ahead and booked cruise, air and transfers with one phone call direct with HAL. There were two upsell offers that of course came directly to my e-mail. about three weeks before sailing. The first I thought was a bit pricey, but then the second the upsell amounts fell by 60% and we took the upsell to a full suite from standard balcony. In this case, I was pleased going through cruise line as time was of the essence for receiving and acting upon the upsell offer. Like Princess their upsell department was only available Monday-Friday normal business hours.

From what I have seen, HAL jumped on the upsell bandwagon before Princess did. There are often discussions on the HAL board as to whether if you are looking for upsells is it is better to book through TA or direct

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

"This offer is ONLY available by calling (Mon-Fri) and expires September 18, 2015."

ChattTenn, did the upsell offer come directly to you from Princess? Or did they send it to your TA who in turn notified you of the offer?

My agent received the email on Thursday 9/24 morning and forwarded to us on the same day.

For my sailing the offer expired on October 2 (Friday).

Already sailed with Princess 14 times and this is the first we have ever received this kind of offer and a lesion learned from this experience.

We will have a good time and use the money on something else.

Your agent called back the day after the email offer. Lots of people possibly called before she did for the offer. When we got upsell, we didn't have an agent (booked direct).Email came in late evening. I didn't wait till next day to call, I called and left a message right away.

Next morning, 8:05am I got my call back. I guess it pays to call as soon as email comes in, I must have been first.I asked which balconies were available and got a choice. Also Princess message says please call only once(not multiple times).

Of course none of us know why Princess took so long to return your agents call.

We had almost exactly the same experience. When I booked directly with Princess the agent asked if we'd be willing to move. I said I liked the cabin we'd picked but would consider the move. I'd picked an obstructed OV with a pretty good view. We were offered the upsell for less than $20 per day pp to a balcony on a 14 night cruise. I emailed with a yes as soon as I saw the email and then called - late at night, and got a call back early the next morning with a choice of cabins. I'm thrilled!!!