Final Word on El Cortea Ingles

drdaddy

So, we will be in Barcelona on Sunday (Only).

I have heard (from a Spaniard) that El Cortes Ingles has been opening on Sundays. Maybe. Does anyone know FOR SURE either way if it is open in Barcelona on Sunday? Perhaps this person mentioned in only for Madrid but I am not sure. I guess the two cities are a bit different from each other.

We know that La Boqueria is closed Sunday, understandably.

Thanks

So, we will be in Barcelona on Sunday (Only).

I have heard (from a Spaniard) that El Cortes Ingles has been opening on Sundays. Maybe. Does anyone know FOR SURE either way if it is open in Barcelona on Sunday? Perhaps this person mentioned in only for Madrid but I am not sure. I guess the two cities are a bit different from each other.

We know that La Boqueria is closed Sunday, understandably.

Thanks

servicio_clientes@elcorteingles.es

That is the email address for the store...their web page show they are open Mom to Sat.,but since you "heard" differently I would email them to be sure.

It is true that El Corte Ingles is open a few Sundays during the year. Their hours are set by each local autonomous region of Spain. While most regions use their allowed Sundays during the Christmas season, some regions like Andulucia at Marbella use their Sundays during the July and August peak season.

Special opening hours for holidays and Sundays at the Barcelona store for the rest of 2015 are:

El día 12/10/2015 de 09:30 a 21:30

El día 01/11/2015 de 09:30 a 21:30

El día 29/11/2015 de 09:30 a 21:30

El día 06/12/2015 de 09:30 a 21:30

El día 08/12/2015 de 09:30 a 21:30

El día 13/12/2015 de 09:30 a 21:30

El día 20/12/2015 de 09:30 a 21:30

El día 25 de diciembre cerrado

El día 26 de diciembre cerrado

They are closed all other Sundays.

Madrid has been the most rapid to modernize on this issue and Sunday opening hours are allowed in the region of Madrid.

It is true that El Corte Ingles is open a few Sundays during the year. Their hours are set by each local autonomous region of Spain. While most regions use their allowed Sundays during the Christmas season, some regions like Andulucia at Marbella use their Sundays during the July and August peak season.

Special opening hours for holidays and Sundays at the Barcelona store for the rest of 2015 are:

El día 12/10/2015 de 09:30 a 21:30

El día 01/11/2015 de 09:30 a 21:30

El día 29/11/2015 de 09:30 a 21:30

El día 06/12/2015 de 09:30 a 21:30

El día 08/12/2015 de 09:30 a 21:30

El día 13/12/2015 de 09:30 a 21:30

El día 20/12/2015 de 09:30 a 21:30

El día 25 de diciembre cerrado

El día 26 de diciembre cerrado

They are closed all other Sundays.

Madrid has been the most rapid to modernize on this issue and Sunday opening hours are allowed in the region of Madrid.

This information is correct. I just want to remind anyone from US that these dates are in the European format dd/mm/yyyy - ie 12/10/2015 is 12th October not 10th December.

Thanks! I guess that IS the final and true answer. That will save a bit of walking so we may turn around before Catalunya.

I know we will still contribute to the local economy, somehow. I heard that La Fonda near Placa Reial is pretty good. There seems to be a few recommendations for lunch near the port.

You will find a number of 'Express' markets open around the city. The Carrefour Market may now be open on the Ramblas from 10 AM to 6PM, but there is mixed information on this. Many local neighborhood markets sell much of what you might be looking for, but at inflated prices over what you would pay at a market.

If you are looking for wine and your ship is at Terminals A, B or C then the port shops might meet your needs.

The Maremagnum shopping center just to the side of the World Trade Center is open every Sunday. http://es.club-onlyou.com/Maremagnum

You will find 100s of great restaurants open in Barcelona on Sundays.