MDR Seating Question - Anytime vs. assigned

celem

Someone on Facebook posted the info below. Is it true? I ask because it seems to be - with early seating we were stuck back in a separate back room, away from the main part of the dining room.

----------------------

"We like our early dining ...

What I didn't like was we were seated in a second dining room that was not as nice as the two story MDR on the Sunshine. We were told the two story MDR was only for DYT dining.

Assigned dining is in a separate dining area than anytime dining. You are not away from the main part of the dining room- you are in a different dining room, or a different floor.

However, I've never noticed that one dining room on a ship is better than the other. They generally look pretty much the same, although one may be two story and one one story. The place settings will be the same, the food comes from the same kitchen. On the Magic last week, assigned dining was on the 2nd story of the midship dining room, or in the aft dining room. Anytime was on the first story of the midship dining room.

The service will vary depending on your waiters. We've been on assigned dining that was super fast and SUPER slow; but we've been in anytime dining that was super fast and super slow too... you just never know.

I think you can be happy with your dining choice. You are not relegated to second class by any means.

Edited by skittl1321

As soon as you get on board go straight to the dining room and try to get seated in the area that you want. We were once seated at a booth for 4 of us and we asked to be changed to a table of 10...our request was fulfilled no problem.