Shark Ray Alley vs sting ray city in Grand Cayman

tc-cruise

This week I went to both shark ray alley (hol chan) and stingray city (grand cayman) They were both great experiences. I would easily recommend both. I used shoreexcursioneer to book both... For shark ray alley, I boarded a small plane at the Belize municipal airport for a 15 minute flight to San Pedro. There I was met at the airport by Kenton with Aqua Scuba. A short walk over to the marina, where we boarded a small boat, and were off first to Hol Chan marine reserve for snorkeling, then off to shark ray alley, a short distance away... Sharks began surrounding the boat as soon as we arrived, and with a little help from some fish parts, there were soon dozens of nurse sharks everywhere. They are totally safe to swim with. The boat ride back was about 15 minutes, and I had some time to wander around San Pedro before heading back to the airport for my return flight to Belize... The cost was $139 and was totally worth it... For stingray city (also booked thru shoreexcursioneer) We were originally supposed to tender into Georgetown, but high winds forced us to the other port of Spotts Bay. I was able to contact the vendor by phone from the ship, and they were able to pick me up at the alternate site. The tour I chose was for a jet ski tour, but there are boat tours there also. We boarded the jet skis and about 15-20 minutes later, we arrived at stingray city. The stingrays literally surrounded us as we entered the water. It is truly a bucket list experience. We were able to hold and pet the stingrays. After about a half hour or so, we headed to another snorkeling site, where there was a small reef and colorful fish. The ride back was choppy to say the very least, but that was due to the weather conditions of a tropical depression at the time. The cost for the jet ski tour was $119 and they returned us to the port in plenty of time to catch the tender back...

Thanks! Anybody knows the shark/ray alley/village near caye caulker? From the map, I can see the most famous shark ray alley is next to the hol chan which is south end of Ambergris Caye, almost right at the mid point between San Pedro and Caye Caulker. However, some snorkel vendors claims there is another one closer to Cay Caulker, which is very shallow.