Celebrity Equinox Sept. 7 cruise review with photos - hopefully!!

MsB1254

a few around the ship photos

IMG_9505_zpsixthwzb0.jpg

checking out where we had traveled and where we were headed

http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/Talulah40/media/europe%20ship%20photos/IMG_9472_zpsfbipioi8.jpg.html

IMG_9458_zpskmvr8l7c.jpg

http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/Talulah40/media/europe%20ship%20photos/IMG_9156_zps6kfb3pqp.jpg.html

a chance to relax on the balcony with a scotch

IMG_9170_zpsa0pxvuuv.jpg

We always enjoy Bistro on Five and the food was great as usual. They have upped the surcharge to $10 per person but they have also added extra items and I must say the burger was delicious and the banana and nutella crepe as wonderful as I remembered.

IMG_9144_zpssuwrasmp.jpg

IMG_9141_zpsl1p4ghpy.jpg

very juicy and yummy!!

IMG_9149_zpsnbt0j1my.jpg

Wilson really enjoyed his steak salad!

IMG_9148_zpswraa6w9o.jpg

french onion soup - we both loved!

IMG_9147_zpstqqxltso.jpg

IMG_9140_zpssedsumbh.jpg

We were on the sailing after you and we never thought that we would like the sea days.

Our 1st sea day was the 20th, which was a great opportunity for new bees like us to explore the ship.

The other 2 days were necessary for relaxing really.

One of the six of us had never cruised before and he found that he really enjoyed it. I think this was a great first cruise for him. I usually don't like a lot of sea days but as I'm getting older I think I need some sprinkled in with the ports just to re-group and relax. Hope you really enjoyed your first cruise!!

Thanks for sharing your photos and impressions. We look forward to returning to Equinox in November as she was our first ship :) And I loved seeing some of your early ports as we have considered them before (have done two Eastern Med cruises but would like to do the Western Med someday).

We enjoyed both of our meals at the specialty restaurants. We did Murano's the first sea day and Tuscan Grill the second sea day. Honestly, I felt that our meals in the dining room were so good that it really wasn't worth the extra cost to dine in either. Of course, the food and service were both good but if I had to pick one over the other I would choose the Tuscan Grill. I think that opinion was shared by all six of us.

IMG_9482_zpsmu9nqjtx.jpg

Bob's seafood stew

IMG_9494_zpserex3y1j.jpg

Wilson's fish

IMG_9491_zpsamdkxab1.jpg

Calarmi

IMG_9485_zpsiycfowia.jpg

Loving the photos and details of your trip. Please I want more.:)

Regards,

Kevin Reid

thanks - I have four more ports to go. I just need to upload some more to Photo Bucket. I am glad you are enjoying the review. I know I haven't posted a lot of commentary but we did enjoy all the ports and the wonderful ship.

Loving the photos and details of your trip. Please I want more.:)

Regards,

Kevin Reid

I just realized when I clicked on your Silhouette March 2015 review that I had already been following your posts. Great review and I've enjoyed following along. We will be doing a back to back on the Silhouette in January.

Today was a private tour with Amy Pace. We found her at the Bank of Valletta as planned and after a short wait for the van she hired for the day we were off. First we drove around Valletta, the walled capital. We viewed the Grand Harbour from the Barracca Gardens. We then drove through 3 quaint little villages nestled below Mdina. We did a walking tour of Mdina and it's narrow winding streets. We stopped at Marsaxlokk, a little fishing village. Amy's knowledge and love of Malta was outstanding.

Coming into port early in the morning

IMG_6092_zpsfcfsl8au.jpg

IMG_6099_zpshzxhgl6f.jpg

IMG_6088_zpsbkacazex.jpg

where we found Amy - a short walk outside the gates

IMG_6102_zps6oluwjaa.jpg

another ship in port

IMG_6096_zpsaxjgjmtz.jpg

Amy suggested a spot for lunch and it was okay but service was spotty and the price was for a set lunch. The fish was not my favorite and our party was seated at different tables and one got the the bruschetta appetizer and the other table did not. I think the main problem was the language barrier. It was good overall but definitely not my favorite.

Our restaurant for lunch

IMG_6462_zpsurr138ae.jpg

our fish

IMG_6441_zpsom1j29vd.jpg

the venders across the street from the restaurant

IMG_6456_zpsvkx4cbe9.jpg

We loved Malta when we visited off the Silhouette in June 2014. Kevin, I don't remember seeing evidence of the bombings but we found the tour of the Lascari War Rooms fascinating.

Mdina wa so quaint and clean and perfect that we almost thought we were in. Disney World city!!

Loving all of the pictures. Thanks!

We loved Malta when we visited off the Silhouette in June 2014. Kevin, I don't remember seeing evidence of the bombings but we found the tour of the Lascari War Rooms fascinating.

Mdina wa so quaint and clean and perfect that we almost thought we were in. Disney World city!!

Loving all of the pictures. Thanks!

Thank you. Amy talked about Malta's role in the war and showed us one area of the damage from the bombings that was still in evidence but other than that it seemed remarkably intact. Also, Kevin thank you for posting the link.

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent review, I'm fully enjoying it. I have a big doubt now, though...I'm booked for a 7 days cruise on August 2016 (harmony of the seas, sailing from Barcelona)...but now I'm considering a 10 days cruise on Equinox, from Rome to Barcelona...I don't care the itinerary ( I live in Italy and know all those places)...any of you have some tips or suggestions???

Which is the difference in Europe, between RCCL and celebrity, about the public...? We're 41 and 38, no children...

Thanks

Italian Cruiser

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

We disembarked as you embarked on the 7th. Thanks for the review and glad to hear you had a wonderful cruise. Up to now, your itinerary is in reverse of ours, so I feel like I'm going back in time :D.

We will be embarking on the Equinox on Monday. Can either of you share the names of the captain and senior crew? Maybe a copy of the first day Daily?

Thanks in advance!

• 10 months later...

Beautiful photos and I'm enjoying your review. Glad you had no trouble with pickpockets, etc. as when we were in Barcelona we were warned. You didn't mention going INSIDE La Sagrada de Familia. A highlight of our trip there.

I also have a pac-safe (type) bag and RFID protection on it like you all did, and I also keep all my individual cards in sleeves. My husband's wallet is all RFID protected. Amazing how many people still don't. I guess when you've been hacked three times in a year by someone just walking by with a *thing* that hacks (non-technical term!) you learn to be proactive.

I noticed that a couple of the ladies in your group did not use cross-body bags which I would recommend. More hands-free and harder for someone to grab and run. I just use a small one for bare essentials when I travel (or even on an errand-heavy day here in town!).

Hope you'll continue to post. We've been on that ship 4 times and will be taking our 5th as soon as she comes back from Europe.