Fort Lauderdale Hotel Help on Beach

lovin2cruize

Hi All

My husband and I are celebrating our 15 year anniversary in November and are going on a cruise. We decided to go down to Fort Lauderdale and stay for 4 nights before the cruise. We love the Lago Mar and usually splurge and stay there. We can't swing 4 nights there as it is during Thanksgiving week and the prices are higher.

We are looking for something on the beach that has close to the feel of the Lago Mar.

Does anybody have any suggestions? We are renting a car so we don't have to worry about shuttle or water taxi.

Has anybody had an experience with the Pelican Grand Beach resort?

Thanks for all your help. I have read thru a lot of posts but trying to see if anybody knows of a nice beach resort.

Pelican Grand is a much smaller property than Lago Mar, but it is very nice. The beach there is very narrow though, and got even narrower when Hurricane Sandy hit. Marriott Harbor Beach has a very nice pool and beach. B Ocean is the only other hotel on the beach in that area and it is ok but not as nice as the others.

Check out the properties in Lauderdale by the Sea, a charming little town, just north of Fort Lauderdale:

Beachside Village Resort

Sea Lord

Tides Inn

Sea Spray Inn

Windjammer Resort

High Noon Resort

Once you leave your car, you will not need it for the remainder of your stay. The beach is right there and all the restaurants and bars are within walking distance.

http://chambermaster.lbts.com/list/category/hotels-resorts-10

Check out the properties in Lauderdale by the Sea, a charming little town, just north of Fort Lauderdale:

Beachside Village Resort

Sea Lord

Tides Inn

Sea Spray Inn

Windjammer Resort

High Noon Resort

Once you leave your car, you will not need it for the remainder of your stay. The beach is right there and all the restaurants and bars are within walking distance.

http://chambermaster.lbts.com/list/category/hotels-resorts-10

Thank you. I haven't heard of those. I will take a look. Have you stayed at any of these?

Thank you. I haven't heard of those. I will take a look. Have you stayed at any of these?

I live in Lauderdale by the Sea and know many of the hotel property owners very well. These resorts are the ones I highly recommend as they are very well-managed and are always booked. (I forgot to mention Blue Seas Courtyard as well).

Tides Inn, Sea Lord, Windjammer, and High Noon are beachfront. Sea Spray Inn, Blue Seas Courtyard, and Beachside Village Resort are right across the street from the beach.

Also, check out some vacation home rentals in the area (VRBO, HomeAway). Some properties reduce their nightly minimum stay because they are in between the off-season and busy season.

Edited by brunello22