Positive Freedom comments 9/27

It was my third time on Freedom and prior to sailing was somewhat

concerned about some of the negative comments about service, etc.

Here is what we found: Staff was amazing. Always friendly and willing

to help.

Bartenders and bar wait staff: Also amazing. They were quick, whether

it was a "diamond" drink or one we paid for. Plenty of waiters throughout

pool area to take your order.

Ship condition: Looked very good both public areas and our cabin.

Specialty restaurants: Ate in Chops, Sabor, and Giovanni's Table. Food

was top notch, and in fact then booked Sabor for lunch last sea day as we

wanted to sample more of their dishes. Great Margaritas

Cabin: The usual good condition we expect, except to note that the

shower was the best in any ship bath we've been in...very forceful.

I'm not going to mention the negatives, but will just comment on one

area...Main course in MDR - Jumbo shrimp - portion was 3 one-half

shrimp cut lengthwise...so actually l l/2 shrimp...really!!

**Have to say that the prime rib covered the plate and was wonderfully

medium rate** Other "meat" entrees also plenty generous.

(And yes we know we could have had another order of shrimp but with waiter

being very busy it would have taken too long)

Mojitos in Boleros...they make a great mojito, except that again the size

was so small...after you take out the lime and mint, was probably 3 mouthfuls.

This drink was definitely not worth the $10 plus tax and gratuity they charge.

Captain Ron Holmes was great, keeping us informed along the way how

Joaquin could affect us...but it was just quite windy last night out.

Book Freedom with confidence that you're going to have a great time.

It was my third time on Freedom and prior to sailing was somewhat

concerned about some of the negative comments about service, etc.

Here is what we found: Staff was amazing. Always friendly and willing

to help.

Bartenders and bar wait staff: Also amazing. They were quick, whether

it was a "diamond" drink or one we paid for. Plenty of waiters throughout

pool area to take your order.

Ship condition: Looked very good both public areas and our cabin.

Specialty restaurants: Ate in Chops, Sabor, and Giovanni's Table. Food

was top notch, and in fact then booked Sabor for lunch last sea day as we

wanted to sample more of their dishes. Great Margaritas

Cabin: The usual good condition we expect, except to note that the

shower was the best in any ship bath we've been in...very forceful.

I'm not going to mention the negatives, but will just comment on one

area...Main course in MDR - Jumbo shrimp - portion was 3 one-half

shrimp cut lengthwise...so actually l l/2 shrimp...really!!

**Have to say that the prime rib covered the plate and was wonderfully

medium rate** Other "meat" entrees also plenty generous.

(And yes we know we could have had another order of shrimp but with waiter

being very busy it would have taken too long)

Mojitos in Boleros...they make a great mojito, except that again the size

was so small...after you take out the lime and mint, was probably 3 mouthfuls.

This drink was definitely not worth the $10 plus tax and gratuity they charge.

Captain Ron Holmes was great, keeping us informed along the way how

Joaquin could affect us...but it was just quite windy last night out.

Book Freedom with confidence that you're going to have a great time.

We had a great time also.It was one of the best cruises we had in a long time.The only problem we had was when we went to get our luggage someone had taken my garment bag(suit,tux,dress shirts,ties).The reason i knew was because there was one sitting there that was exactly like mine and that person had no other luggage there and no phone number on his bag.Luckily he had called me that afternoon saying he had my bag and he also lived in florida.The strange part is we met them in the concierge lounge on the first day and saw them all cruise.But other than that we had a great time.Did you ever try the frozen mojitos?they are delicious.

We were on that cruise as well and had a fantastic time. The service was great in all areas and we thought the food was good. Never left hungry. We loved sabor We left there miserable we ate so much. They just kept bringing things out for us to eat. Freedom is a great ship

Glad to hear that you had a great time. We're boarding in a little over a week - and I was getting worried by some of the summertime negative comments. We sailed on Freedom last summer and had a BLAST, so we were very happy to be back. Glad to hear that the positives outweighed the negative and that you had an excellent cruise.

Any new things that we should look out for after the dry dock? We loved the Champagne Bar - so we're anxious to see what R Bar is like. :-)

Thanks again for your thoughts!

We enjoy Freedom. Great service, newer rooms with mini fridge, a fantastic ice skating show.

Do all rooms now have mini fridges? Or just the new one on deck 12? We're on deck 10 - but it's not a suite - so I'm not counting on a fridge other than the mini-bar.

Do all rooms now have mini fridges? Or just the new one on deck 12? We're on deck 10 - but it's not a suite - so I'm not counting on a fridge other than the mini-bar.

All staterooms on Freedom have coolers.

Bob,

Where are the coolers? I only remember the mini-bar fridge in the desk/mirror part.

We have some insulin that we are bringing on board. it doesn't HAVE to be refrigerated, so we don't ask for the mini fridge from Guest Services. I'm sure there are people who need it more than we do.

Thanks! :D

Bob,

Where are the coolers? I only remember the mini-bar fridge in the desk/mirror part.

We have some insulin that we are bringing on board. it doesn't HAVE to be refrigerated, so we don't ask for the mini fridge from Guest Services. I'm sure there are people who need it more than we do.

I call them coolers, you call them the mini-fridge, same thing.

Bob,

We always have them empty the fridge on the first day, then we stock up on water bottles ( which we get with our drink package) to take ashore with us;)

I call them coolers, you call them the mini-fridge, same thing.

I think cooler is a more accurate description since some folks may think the mini-fridge is as cold as a fridge at home (just smaller) - it isn't. It cools stuff in there, but not down to the 40F expected in a fridge.

I think cooler is a more accurate description since some folks may think the mini-fridge is as cold as a fridge at home (just smaller) - it isn't. It cools stuff in there, but not down to the 40F expected in a fridge.

I agree, that's why I say cooler, but I can understand people thinking it's different than a fridge.

The only way to have a real fridge is to request a medical fridge.

GOTCHA! :D

So Bob, do you have the cabin steward empty the minibar? Have you found stewards that won't empty it? I know it's not a true fridge, but I've been known to put a large cup of ice in there and it helps to keep things even cooler.

Thanks!

GOTCHA! :D

So Bob, do you have the cabin steward empty the minibar? Have you found stewards that won't empty it? I know it's not a true fridge, but I've been known to put a large cup of ice in there and it helps to keep things even cooler.

Thanks!

I've asked a few times, but most attendants say they cannot do that, it's the bar people that handle the cooler. If we need the space, I'll take the stuff out myself and leave a note for the bar people so they can find the stuff when they come by to replenish.

We had a great time also.It was one of the best cruises we had in a long time.The only problem we had was when we went to get our luggage someone had taken my garment bag(suit,tux,dress shirts,ties).The reason i knew was because there was one sitting there that was exactly like mine and that person had no other luggage there and no phone number on his bag.Luckily he had called me that afternoon saying he had my bag and he also lived in florida.The strange part is we met them in the concierge lounge on the first day and saw them all cruise.But other than that we had a great time.Did you ever try the frozen mojitos?they are delicious.

Had the same problem a month ago. Someone took one of our bags. Since we were one of the last people from our luggage group to leave the ship, there were only a few other bags left and it was pretty clear which bag was mistakenly left behind (although they weren't even that similar). There was a phone number and address (fortunately, she was from Brooklyn - we are in Queens, so I could easily pick it up if necessary). We tried calling the phone number but it was the home number. Put your cell number on your luggage people! Anyway, after going through all sorts of fruitless exercises (and port staff really wasn't that helpful, BTW - we really had to press them to make any sort of effort to assist us) to try to figure out where our bag was and trying to track down the person who almost certainly took our bag, we had to head to MCO for our flight. About 3/4 of the way there, I got a call from the RCCCL hospitality desk at MCO (I had my cell number on the luggage tag). They had the bag as the woman who took it fortunately took the RCCL transfer to MCO. So when they unloaded the bus, no one claimed my bag and the woman who took it was wondering where hers was. We get to MCO, I went to the RCCL desk and retrieved my bag. Funny thing was, the woman who took my bag (clearly very confused) then confronted me and accused me of taking her bag and wanted to know where her bag was. I told her it was her who took my bag and her bag was back at Port Canaveral. She still didn't get it. Thankfully, the RCCL employee who called stepped in and tried to explain and help her and I went on my way.

I've asked a few times, but most attendants say they cannot do that, it's the bar people that handle the cooler. If we need the space, I'll take the stuff out myself and leave a note for the bar people so they can find the stuff when they come by to replenish.

That's what I figured. It's not like Vegas, though, where as soon as you pull something out of it's place they charge you for it, right?

That's what I figured. It's not like Vegas, though, where as soon as you pull something out of it's place they charge you for it, right?

I don't know about Quantum class, but on the other ships they have to manually come by and check.