Lost on board credit

bullsh

We book a js on our last cruise we was given $250 for booking on board and $150 each for the promotion that was running at the time. We had it transferred to a TA that we had used in the past who is very good (she got promoted) passed our booking on to a colleague. He sent me an updated guests copy on the booking on 6/29/15, the $250 and the 2 $150 credits was there. We made final payment when he sent me the updated guest copy of the booking it was missing the $250 credit I called him Last week didn't get back with me until yesterday and I had to call him, he then told me that rccl took the credit because both credits can not be applied to the same booking. This doesn't sound right to me since the booking was handle by a rccl member on the boat. My TA said we would check into it further. Would it help if I called rccl or will they not talk to me because I have a TA. Thanks for any advice and letting me vent

We book a js on our last cruise we was given $250 for booking on board and $150 each for the promotion that was running at the time. We had it transferred to a TA that we had used in the past who is very good (she got promoted) passed our booking on to a colleague. He sent me an updated guests copy on the booking on 6/29/15, the $250 and the 2 $150 credits was there. We made final payment when he sent me the updated guest copy of the booking it was missing the $250 credit I called him Last week didn't get back with me until yesterday and I had to call him, he then told me that rccl took the credit because both credits can not be applied to the same booking. This doesn't sound right to me since the booking was handle by a rccl member on the boat. My TA said we would check into it further. Would it help if I called rccl or will they not talk to me because I have a TA. Thanks for any advice and letting me vent

Your TA needs to handle it.

It is one of the first things they have on a recorded message when you ring RCI. The TA is totally in charge of your outcome. This is why we are so reluctant to transfer our booking to a TA. If they come back with an answer you have no way of verifying that you could have argued the case differently with RCI.

We recently had a similar thing with an onboard future cruise certificate OBC and an OBC as part of a special. They were just implementing the change at that time, but we got our two OBCs on booking over a year ago. Then when we went to put a credit certificate we received on a cruise earlier this year they tried to muck us around with the OBCs as well as the original discounts for the special. The fact that their policy has since changed has nothing to do with your original agreement, unless you are changing the booking. You are only making a payment.

The invoice you received is what was agreed upon at the time with RCI and making your final payment should not change the OBC that was AGREED upon as per your invoices from them.

If this TA fellow does not get that OBC back for you I would be speaking to a supervisor at the TA. They should not have let that change slip past them. They should have been telling you that there was a glitch but they immediately fixed it on your behalf.

You certainly should not be having to ring him back. Can you ask to be assigned to another person at the TA?

Edited by goodycruising

I would really like it if RCCL would make available ALL the details of a booking on the "My Cruises" section of the website. I have the booking receipt from my TA, but it sure would be nice to see that RCCL shows the same things in terms of things like OBE and complimentary or TA-paid gratuities. In the long run, it would help eliminate a lot of problems before boarding and eliminate some of crowds at guest services.

Update It took him some time but just got off the phone and looking at the email he sent and it now shows all of our obc. thank you

Have your TA get a copy of the RC invoice every time you change or do something with the reservation. My TA gives me a copy of their invoice and a copy of the RC invoice, generally before I leave the office.