Spleen93

yankeesrule

You must really like your steak to book 2 different steakhouses! :)

If I had to pick between the two of them, I'd probably pick Ruth Chris's Steak House - I like the steak a little better there than Mortons. I'm not a big fan of Morton's for some reason - the prices to me seem a little over the top and I haven't been impressed with the steak enough for the prices I'm paying.

But both of these restaurants are mainland chains and are exactly (more or less) the same in Hawaii as they are on the mainland. You may want to go with something a little more unique to Hawaii - I would recommend Hy's Steak House (though technically, they're a chain too - just much more limited than Ruth Chris or Morton's). All their steaks are grilled over kiawe wood (Hawaiian mesquite) and are quite good. I recommend the steak Diane. :) And they do the most amazing flambe desserts - cherries jubilee, bananas foster, etc. at tableside. My personal favorite is the Chocolate Lovers dessert - rum, coffee liquor flamed with dark chocolate, cream, brown sugar, butter - then poured over rock hard Haagen Dazs vanilla ice cream with an assortment of sliced fruits including bananas, mandarin oranges, strawberries. It's to die for. They also do a mean oysters Rockefeller. Service can't be beat - atmosphere is like a men's club with big banquettes and a lot of leather and dark wood. Tuxedoed waiters make for a fantastic sense of elegance.

Spleen

I know you didn't ask me, but living most of my life in the midwest I like to think I know a thing or two about stead! :D

Gall Bladder (better known to the rest of you as Spleen93) has a point about RC and Morton's being chains. However, I"m assuming you don't have them where you are and that's why you've booked these reservations. If it's good steak you want and don't care so much about local cuisine, my vote is for Ruth's Chris. For some reason every time I've had steak at Morton's it seems to me they salt the heck out of it! I just don't see the need for ruining a prime cut of beef with all that salt. Yuck.

And now I'm hungry.

Archived