havannah boulari passage / sunset times

Hi guys,

Cruising in November / December to South Pacific Islands.

Isle of pines is our last port, sailing at 5pm with two sea days to follow and then Sydney.

Am I right to assume we would sail through the passage on the way home?

If so, we are looking at booking into a specialty restaurant this night, by a table with the view, to see the sailing through the passage.

Has anyone cruised this time of year and can recall the time you went through the passage? Was it still daylight? What time did it go pitch black?

Would a dinner reservation at 6.30pm be too late to see the passage / too dark?

For those who know Celebrity Solstice, I had a table at Tuscan Grille in mind with a view of the wake.

Thank you for your help!

Sunset for nearby Noumea is shown as around 6pm and you'll probably get an hour or so of twilight after that.

Not sure whether you go through that passage or not.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Sunset for nearby Noumea is shown as around 6pm and you'll probably get an hour or so of twilight after that.

Not sure whether you go through that passage or not.

Thank you! Might look to book at 6pm if I can confirm we're going through the passage :)

Thank you! Might look to book at 6pm if I can confirm we're going through the passage :)

According to what I can find online the passage is 55 kms north-east of the Isle of Pines. The ship will be sailing in a south-westerly direction from the western side of the Isle of Pines so I think it's highly unlikely you will go through the passage.

According to what I can find online the passage is 55 kms north-east of the Isle of Pines. The ship will be sailing in a south-westerly direction from the western side of the Isle of Pines so I think it's highly unlikely you will go through the passage.

Thank you very much for checking that for me, I really appreciate it :)

In the old days (Fairstar times) P&O used to make going through the passage one of the highlights of the trip.. Not so much these days.. Perhaps it's lost its lustre or perhaps sailing schedules preclude the time to go through.. I know ships had to pick up a pilot to go through at whatever cost that ended up being. Perhaps a cost cutting measure!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk