Belfast - Giants Causeway with Odyssey Coach Tours

scottb80

Just want to say that we had a great tour of the Giant's Causeway and the Antrim Coast with Odyssey Tours in Belfast. They picked us up at the ship promptly and headed for the Causeway. During the Hour and half ride to the Causeway, the guide pointed out details of the countryside, so we were never bored. Once at the Causeway, we had an hour and a half to see this marvelous work of nature before boarding the bus for the return trip via the Antrim coastline. We made several stops for photos, but due to the crowd at the rope bridge, we bypassed this and went on to Ballycastle where we stopped for a nice lunch in one of the local pubs. Afterwards, in Belfast, we had a little time before we had to return to the ship, so the guide and driver took us into Belfast for a city tour. We saw the Peace Wall and the guide gave a good history of the war that was waged there for so long. For 25 Pounds per person, we got a great tour and saved a lot of money compared to the ships excursion. I highly recommend Odyssey Coach Tours. http://odysseycoachtours.co.uk/giants-causeway-tours/

Edited by scottb80

Yes and return us back to the ship

You may want to look at McCombs Executive Travel and Tours, Belfast for additional options. Have fun

(p.s. Had dinner at the Yarmouth House in West Yarmouth last week whilst visiting family in Hyannis. Wonderful weather. Empty beaches. Great fried clams...)....

You may want to look at McCombs Executive Travel and Tours, Belfast for additional options. Have fun

(p.s. Had dinner at the Yarmouth House in West Yarmouth last week whilst visiting family in Hyannis. Wonderful weather. Empty beaches. Great fried clams...)....

Thanks for your tip on the tour. And glad you had a nice visit to the Cape --- September and October are absolutely the best months here, golden sunshine and warm days and best of all, uncrowded conditions. Love The Yarmouth House, too! About 4o minutes from us here on the shores of Buzzards Bay, but we stop in when we're in the mid Cape area.

We used Odyssey Tours in late August and were pleased with them. I had had some communication with James Monahan over the past 2 years as we had set up a tour with him in the fall of 2014 which we had to cancel for medical reasons. The tour in 2014 was to have been on a smaller coach and involved just members from our roll call. Having arranged a number of private tours for our roll call this year I elected to just take one of his stock tours on one of his larger coaches. The tour was excellent, the guide was good and James is a great guy but we found travelling with 47 other passengers just a bit much. I got to speak with Jim a couple of times during our tour (he was conducting a tour on a smaller coach) and when I spoke with him last at the cruise terminal I expressed the opinion that I was a bit disappointed with the lack of time in Belfast and perhaps the stop at the Carrick Bridge could be eliminated. He said they were looking at that for 2016.