taxi/vendor availability during Christmas

aprilsp88

Hi,

We're going to visit Punta Arenas on Dec 25 and Ushuaia on Dec 26, and plan to take taxi or pick up a tour at the pier.

Has anyone been there during Christmas and are there any tours or taxi offered from the pier? Will they be the same price or higher due to holiday?

Thanks,

April

Hi,

We're going to visit Punta Arenas on Dec 25 and Ushuaia on Dec 26, and plan to take taxi or pick up a tour at the pier.

Has anyone been there during Christmas and are there any tours or taxi offered from the pier? Will they be the same price or higher due to holiday?

Thanks,hi,are you on the star princess like us?if you are, join our rollcall.there is a celebrity ship in also those days and somebody from there jumped our roll call to see if anyone wants to share on their private tour.i think prices are the same,cheers,brian.

Hi,

Thanks,hi,are you on the star princess like us?if you are, join our rollcall.there is a celebrity ship in also those days and somebody from there jumped our roll call to see if anyone wants to share on their private tour.i think prices are the same,cheers,brian.

hi,sorry i cut your ending off,im no good at this typing lark,cheers,brian.

Hi,

Thanks,

April

Hi April,

We posted a tour on both roll calls while in Ushuaia arranged through Pira Tour to Harberton Island "Walk with the Penguins" while we are in port on December 26, 2015. Pira Tour is the only tour operator that can land on the island. Here's the link

http://www.piratour.net/en/productos/ver/15-penguin-rookery-harberton-ranch.html

Don't know which ship you're on but, we will be on the NCL Sun sailing (December 19, 2015 Roll Call) which will be in port the same time as the Star Princess. Pira Tour agreed to adjust their tour time to accommodate both ships.

We will also be in Punta Arenas on the 25th and were concerned about availability of tours. We have read from previous cruisers that sometimes the seas prevent the ships from visiting Punta Arenas so we are hoping to catch the public ferry over to Magdalena Island to see the penguins if the ship visits this port weather permitting. Hope this helps..................Marian

Hi,

Brian,

I did contacted some people from roll call but their tour is full. That's why I wonder if I can take a taxi to go to Ottawa and the national park.

I will check the celebrity post.

Thanks,

April

Hi April,

We posted a tour on both roll calls while in Ushuaia arranged through Pira Tour to Harberton Island "Walk with the Penguins" while we are in port on December 26, 2015. Pira Tour is the only tour operator that can land on the island. Here's the link

http://www.piratour.net/en/productos/ver/15-penguin-rookery-harberton-ranch.html

Don't know which ship you're on but, we will be on the NCL Sun sailing (December 19, 2015 Roll Call) which will be in port the same time as the Star Princess. Pira Tour agreed to adjust their tour time to accommodate both ships.

We will also be in Punta Arenas on the 25th and were concerned about availability of tours. We have read from previous cruisers that sometimes the seas prevent the ships from visiting Punta Arenas so we are hoping to catch the public ferry over to Magdalena Island to see the penguins if the ship visits this port weather permitting. Hope this helps..................Marian

Marian,

In Ushuaia we plan to visit the national park, and in Punta Arena we plan to go to Ottaw. I will try to search for other roll calls.

Thanks,

April

Brian,

I did contacted some people from roll call but their tour is full. That's why I wonder if I can take a taxi to go to Ottawa and the national park.

I will check the celebrity post.

Thanks,

April

hi,sorry, my mistake it was ncl not celebrity,cheers,brian.